Chapter 5

Harry and Ben were now convinced that Carl Hunter was guilty for Steve Stark's murder. Well, Harry was, Ben was the one who was never sure, always questioning every detail.

'I'm telling you Ben, it was Carl. I mean, if you really think about it,' he continued. 'We bumped into a guy with a lot of muscles, Carl is a very muscular guy. There was a trash can in the graveyard right beside Steve's body, Carl is a garbage man!' He bellowed out, failing to see how Ben still wasn't convinced.

Ben nodded calmly, 'True, but there are loads of people with muscles, myself included, so that doesn't really prove anything. It could've easily been someone else.'

'But both of them were about the same height and build, besides, Carl was the one who found the body in the first place.' he countered back.

Ben was growing impatient by every passing second. 'Harry, just because-' They were interrupted during their mini-debate by the doorbell.

Ben quickly got up to answer the door, glad to finally escape the tension between the two boys. He abruptly opened the door to find big hazel eyes staring deep into him that belonged to a petite girl who looked about eleven years old- about four years younger than Ben and six years younger than Harry.

'Hi I'm Anna!' She called out a bit too cheerily for Ben's liking.

'Uh, hi. Um... do i know you?' Ben asked cautiously. Harry had now joined him at the door intrigued by the newcomer.

Anna leaned in conspirationaly, 'I overheard you talking about that weird murder that happened a couple days ago. I love mysteries that involve death, especially when it's brutal, so I'd like to help you find the person who did it.'

Harry was about to shoo her off as he was reluctant at letting a stranger in his house but decided against it when he came up with an idea, 'You know what Elsa, we could use the help.'

Ben looked dumbfounded by Harry's odd behaviour. 'We could what? Harry what are you talki-'

'Why don't you come on in, and we'll tell you what you can do to help?' Harry intervened.

'Sure! And by the way, if you ever call me Elsa again, I'll make you regret it, it's Anna.' she replied sternly, stepping into their spacious living room.

'Got it?' Harry asked after he had explained everything he thought was necessary for Anna to know.

'Yep, I just need to find out information about Carl Hunter and Steve Stark and report back to you. And if I can I have to print out the information." Anna replied proudly, adding a toothy grin at the end.

'Don't tell anyone.' He warned, 'Oh, and don't get caught.'

Meanwhile, Ben was sulking on the sofa next to the stranger, playing computer games and not bothering to hide his displeasure at his cousin's careless decision. He didn't trust Anna. For all they knew she could be a completely psychopathic person who was working with the murderer, Carl or whoever he was, and trying to rob the house or even kill the entire household.

'Come back in an hour or two!' Harry called out when Anna took off.

With Harry and Ben left alone in the room, there was an incredibly akward silence where the tension in the room was so evident it could be cut with a knife. Harry could clearly tell that Ben thought teaming up with Anna was a bad idea, but he preferred to give people the benefit of doubt. Yes, it had lead him into trouble before, but he was convinced that an eleven year old's damage would be minimal, moreover, Anna could actually be a great help.

'Uh, Harry I think you should take a look at this.' Ben murmured quietly while turning the computer screen to face him.

Harry grumbled not the least bit pleased at being cut out of his thoughts but leaned over the computer anyway. When he glanced at it he was surprised to find a pop-up from an unknown person. It only consisted of a picture of a letter with the message, "STOP LOOKING, OR ELSE..." in bright red writing.