Ch23

-Owen
I got into my car and slammed the door. I really thought we were off to a good start with replaying our childhood. If I wasn't mistaking, she wasn't my friend to begin with. I understand her being that beautiful, she's had some jerks in her life and they've messed things up for the good ones. But that doesn't give her the right to label me as 'guys' like she just met me. This girl has been down with me since elementary. How could she think something like that? On my part, I feel disrespected, unappreciated...hurt. I felt hot tears sting my eyelids as I gripped the steering wheel. And without looking back, I drove off for my home.

-Evie
I stared at the door for a second, hoping that he'd come back to me. I was scared and confused. My family questions me when I say I don't drank. There's many reasons I don't. What's sad is that I don't remember anything other than drinking a lot, Owen tried to tell me to ease up but I wouldn't listen and continued to drink and that's when he got me out of that place before I wrecked anything: THAT'S IT! I promise I didn't mean to hurt him and that's all I saw in his eyes before he left. I wanted to run after him and explain but my feet were glued to the ground. I began to sob as I thought about losing Owen. I lost him before and I couldn't lose him again, not in another lifetime.
I quickly cleaned up and grabbed my keys.

-Owen
"Owen? Is that you?" My sister called from the kitchen. "Yeah," I sniffled, walking to my room. I didn't acknowledge what happened a few minutes ago, knowing my sister would see me crying and ask what. My mom knocked on the door. "Come in," I said with my back to the door. She cracked it a bit and said "Owen, our flight will be here in another hour. And I have some extra things in the dining room for you sweetheart," she spoke with concern. I kept my back turned. "Owen? Are you okay?" She asked after I didn't respond like I normally do. I continued to pack and said "I'm fine ma. Thank you," I lied. I hate lying to my ma. I could tell her anything but I couldn't have her worrying for me. She cleared her throat. "Sweetheart..." She started. I sniffled, giving myself away. "Speak..." She said. "I'm right here, what's wrong?" She asked again. I turned around. She gasped and put her hands to her mouth. I looked at my reflection again. I looked sleepy with bags under my red eyes. My nose and face were swollen from crying and my hair was a mess. I just looked at her. She didn't ask again. She just grabbed me into her arms. I squeezed her and cried like a baby. She shooshed me and I felt like a kid again. But I was a man now, I couldn't cry about EV'RYTHING. "Ma, no..." She let go and looked up at me. "I'm fine. I just came across someone I thought would never hurt me," I spilled. She furrowed her brows. "Oh sweetheart. That's what makes us stronger, especially us," she smiled, making me smile too. She was right. I'd learn from this. It hurt like hell, don't get me wrong, but I'll be fine in the end. She elbowed me and said "I love you Owen. You can tell me anything, you know that. So don't hide anything from me you silly boy. Because mama knows," she smiled and left out. That woman....

Author's Note: Owen's character has to be my favorite. Basically because he reminds me of myself except he's a male and much older. Both sensitive but wise and strong willed.