Ch 31: Late Night Anecdotes

I was still sat in the tree as my mind began to spin. It was getting very difficult for my brain to take in all of this new and exciting information. My lungs fluttered, and my hands gripped the branches for support.

Fred worriedly looked up at me from his stance at the foot of the tree.

"Rose?"

My mind was made up as soon as my name left his lips. I jumped from the branches and landed softly on the ground.

Fred's eyes widened and he stayed rooted to his spot on the ground, his eyes searching mine for some sort of explanation.

"D-Did I do something wrong? Did I put you in shock? Oh Merlin, do you hate me now? I could never live with myself if you did or if I caused you some horrible emotional turmoil I'm so sorry Rose, is everything alright? Do you hate me?"

I walked closer to Fred and his words grew quieter, and he slowly shut up.

I stood inches away from him, my eyes locked with his.

His voice came back with the intensity of our gaze, "What... uh- what are you doing?"

"I'm not entirely sure."

So I grabbed the front of Fred's robes with all my uncertainty and I kissed him right there in the open lawn in the back of Hogwarts, his lips wet from the lake, and my lips uncertain and timid.

He kissed back; there was no hesitation, no uncertainty, no mixed feelings, he kissed me back and there were no cliche fireworks, there were explosions and vivid colors and chaos that burst inside us. Fred wrapped his arms around my waist and I gingerly wrapped my thin fingers in his beautiful forest-fire hair, and I knew I loved him to the edge of the universe and back a million times.

We broke the kiss, my face red from the raw emotions and clear vulnerability. His eyes glowed, the specks of hazel in his brown eyes glistening.

I laid my head on his chest and I breathed in the cinnamon and I locked my arms around his shoulders in a hug. His arms around my waist tightened to return it.

I lifted up my head, my gaze meeting his beautiful eyes yet again.

"I love you, Fred," I whispered, my voice confident and my tongue and mind working together to speak the truest and most amazing words my mouth had ever spoken.

"I love you too, Rose," Fred replied, his breath tickling my nose.

This time, it was he who leaned down and closed the distance between our nervous lips, and I kissed him again, met with the sweet taste of Fred and I relished in this feeling forever because you only get one moment like this.

Also, Fred is an amazing kisser. And, yeah, it was my first and I really don't have anything to compare it to, but I still think they are absolutely breathtaking.

Fred then filled the silence and said, "I also have something for you, and I think this is the most appropriate moment to give it."

I looked up at him, and smiled shyly. I stepped back so we weren't so nerve-wrackingly close, and asked him what it was.

Instead of an answer, he took my hand and fidgeted with my charm bracelet that he gave me a few months ago.

When I could reclaim my hand, I looked down at the new addition to my little family of charms.