Chapter 7

Smantha's POV:

I received a yellow manila envelope the next day. Sealed and signed by the Court of Maine and it was sent off straight to my home. I unleashed the clasp that held a series of life changing documents and suddenly I became weak. All I could believe was that this is really happening. I began to sob into tears. When I finally pulled myself together, the papers stated the date of the court and had a sheet in which Matt & I would have to sign. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was my mother.

"Hello?" I answered calmly, trying to make sure it didn't sound as if I was crying.  

"YOU ARE TO SIGN THOSE PAPERS AND MAIL THEM STRAIGHT OFF TO MATTHEW'S HOUSE. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR THAT BOY, DO YOU HEAR ME?"she yelled through the phone. 

"I don't want to." I fought back.

"SAMANTHA IT'S NOT YOUR CHOICE, NOW DO YOU HEAR ME?" She yelled back even louder. 

"I'm 19! Of course it's my choice! I AM AN ADULT! AND I AM DONE LISTENING THROUGH ALL YOUR BULLSHIT!" I yelled back an hung up the phone. 

I went upstairs to my bedroom and got dressed. I put of a pair of comfy legging and one of Matt's big sweaters. I went outside in the windy, rainy weather and started my car. I pulled out of the driveway and drove to Matt's house. 

I knocked on the door and he opened the door and saw my eyes bloodshot red and puffy from all the crying and gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head and said,"It's going to be alright Sammy. I promise."

Once we were inside, he gave me a cup full of coffee and we began to work out a plan. 

"All we have to make sure is that we don't sign those papers and I'll call the court and tell them that the court date is off, that we have come to some type of agreement." Matt suggested.

"But the court name is under my mother's name." I said.

"Well, it's not like your a minor so, they can't put a restraining order without your consent." Matt said back. The suddenly there was a hard knock on Matt's door. When he went to go open it, it was my mother. 

"WHERE IS SHE? I KNOW SHE IS IN HER-" she yelled and pushed Matt and stopped when she saw me.

"WE ARE GOING HOME NOW!" she yelled at me, grabbing me from my wrist. 

"No! I don't even live with you anymore! I have my own home, my own car, and I pay for everything by myself." I fought back. 

"YOU DIRTY WHORE! YOU WOULD HAVE THANKED ME FOR THIS ONE! ALL I EVER TRIED TO DO WAS KEEP YOU SAFE!" she yelled back at me.

"Excuse me, you were never there in person. But no, texting and calling solves everything, right? Well not anymore, I am done with you mom. Get out." 

"Yes, I need you to get out of my house because I'll call the police for invasion of property." Matt said as he crossed his arms.

She grunted and without a doubt left and slammed the door shut. 

Matt looked at me and instantly I balled into tears. He wrapped me into his warm embrace and pulled me away for a minute and then cupped my cheeks. He looked into my shining eyes and said,"It's okay now, it's just you and me." He wrapped me into a hug again and finally said,"Just you and me."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I'm on winter break that is why I am writing a lot more! Do you guys like the story so far or do you guys just want me to end it soon? Make sure to vote this chapter and do all good Wattpad things you can do! Leave all you comments, questions or concerns in my messages and I will be glad to respond to you guys! Love you all!

-D