Dinner

"Your project is to find a partner and build a model of any national landmark." The teacher put some papers son her desk. "I'll give you a minute to find partners."

There was a loud thud and Nino and I turned around. "NINO BE MY PARTNER."

Nino froze. "Uhh...."

"Marinette, why don't you partner up with Adrien!" She smiled. The bell rang. "ALRIGHT, LET'S GO!" She jumped over the desk, grabbed his hand, and dragged him out the door.

I was stuck with Marinette as everyone filed towards the door.

Well, almost everyone.

Chloe waltzed over. "Hey, Adrien~!" She clasped her hands against her cheek and tilted her head. "Do you wanna be my partner?"

I paused. Nice girl or crazy psycho who's obsessed with me. "Um, sorry Chloé, I already have a partner." I smiled nervously.

She dropped her hands and stomped her foot. "Who?!"

I pointed to Marinette with my thumb. Chloé looked at her in disgust. "Ew."

"Well, sorry, but she's my partner." I shrugged and looked over at her. "Come on. We could go to my place. I have a great view of the Eiffel Tower."

She turned bright red. "Um, o-ok." She laughed awkwardly and I led her out the door to the limo that was waiting for me.

I opened the door and looked in. Natalie looked up from her tablet. "Hello, Adrien. Come in."

"Natalie, this is Marinette." I said as Marinette waved. "She's going to be coming over to work on a project for school with me."

"Alright. I'll tell the chef to make two meals instead of one for dinner." She started typing on her tablet.

"Uh. Dinner?" Marinette squeaked.

"Yeah. Would you like to stay for dinner?" I asked.

She turned red again. "Uhh... heh..sure. I'll-I'll just um... text my parents." She started to text her parents. When she finished, she put her phone away and stood still, looking at me.

"Would you like to get in the car?" I asked.

"Oh yeah! Sorry, sorry." She got in next to Natalie and I scooted in after her, closing the door behind me.

It was a very quiet ride. No one really said or did anything. When we arrived at the house, I led Marinette to my room and we sat at the computer desk, discussing what to make the tower with.

"We could use..." she looked around. "What can we use?"

I looked around, occasionally dogging through desk drawers. I tossed a few things onto the desk.

Marinette gasped. I looked over at her. She held up an unopened box of pencils.

"Nice thinking. Very creative." I smiled.

She turned bright red again and looked away. "Uhh... let's find something to put it on. I picked up an old piece of cardboard from a shipping box.

Marinette started to open the box of pencils while I got out a bottle of glue. After about an hour or so, we had finished about half of it.

There was a knock at the door. It was Natalie of course, telling us dinner was ready. We both went downstairs and sat at opposite ends of the table. Which was pretty long. Neither of us said a word until Marinette looked up and tried to say something.

"Could-could you speak up a bit?" I called. She was too far away to hear.

She tried again, but all I heard was a mumble.

"What?"

She got up and walked over. "Could you pass the salt?"

Without taking my eyes off her, I handed her the salt shaker and she went and sat down on her end of the table.

A/N- I really only wanted to do the salt thing. Might continue later on. Bye.