Part 1: Lucas POV

Today was the day I was going to ask out Maya Hart. I loved her ever since I met her on the subway.
"Hey Lucas!"

"Hey Maya, listen we need to talk."

"I'm listening."

"I like you. And I was really hoping you would say yes and go to Homecoming with me..."

"Lucas, I lo-like you too!"

"Good, so I'll be picking you up this Saturday night? 5:30?"

"Yeah! That'd be great!"

"Cool."

"Yeah, cool!"

"Okay, see you then?"

"Yeah!"

Every second of that was awkward. We stood there in silence because we had never hung out alone before. But I felt great, so I smiled and walked away.

————————————————————
5:45
I was outside, in my red pick up truck. She still wasn't ready, but I didn't mind. I sat there as she came out in the most beautiful dress. It was a purple dress that faded to white at the bottom. She looked gorgeous.

"Whatcha starin at, Huckleberry?"

"You"

She blushed.

"I'm sorry I was so late, I was choosing between two different dresses."

"I would wait for you. As long as it takes."

She blushed again. I knew I chose the right words. Then she looked nervous. In a scared way.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. It's just that Josh will be there and he didn't handle it so well when he found out we were going to Homecoming together."

"Well trust me. If he tries to touch you, he won't see daylight."

Her face was tomato red. I slowly reached my hand over to hers. She was a bit shaky, but holding her hand calmed her down.