Chapter 5

Dick pov

"Can't this thing go any faster?!" I was getting very impatient. First this guy escapes from prison then he kidnaps my only civilian friend?! He isn't going to get away with this...

"Chill out Rob we're almost there." Wally smiled over at me but I just kept glaring out the window. If I had heat vision there would be a giant gaping hole in the side of the bioship.

Artemis looked over at me "Why are you so on edge about this guy any way? He's just some run of the mill murderer that's all..."

I could feel the armrest of my seat starting to crack under my grip "HE'S NOT JUST SOME RUN OF THE MILL MURDERER!!!" I yelled jumping out of my seat. The entire team shrunk back in fear at my tone. I might have started to feel a little bad but that's when I heard Megan in my mind.

"Robin are you feeling alright?" she asked gently.

I sat back down and massaged my temples refusing to look at the team. "No" was my only answer.

"Robin why do you really want Zucco back in jail?" she gently pressed the topic and I thought it wouldn't hurt to tell one person.

"Me-Megan c-can you keep a secret?" I asked slowly.

I could feel her smile in my mind "Of course I can."

I nodded "here. Look at this..." I brought my thoughts to the night it all happened.

Crowds cheered as we all waved from the top of the platform. My mom and dad stood to my left then my cousin Johnny, aunt, and uncle stood to my right. This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. My parents had finally agreed to let me do a quadruple flip for the opening act. They hadn't let me before because they thought it would be too dangerous without a net and all.

My mom smiled down at me and ruffled my hair. "Are you ready?"

I looked up at her "I-I'm a little nervous. WH-what if I fall? There isn't a net like there is in practice..."

She wrapped me in a warm hug. (The last hug she would ever give me) "Don't worry my little Robin. If for any reason you were to fall your father will be right there to catch you."

I smiled and tightened the hug "Thanks mom!"

My dad came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder "It's time to go on. Are you ready?"

I smiled "Sure thing!"

I preformed the flip flawlessly and watched as my parents jumped off the platform. Soon followed by Uncle Rick, Aunt Sally, and Johnny. I was about to jump off after them when I heard a loud snap. It was like I was watching a movie in slow motion. All of a sudden they all started falling. The crowds started screaming. My mother's hand outstretched to me as she slowly fell to the ground. The cracking of bones as their lifeless bodies hit the hard ground below. Blood pooling around them... and lastly my very own scream. The same scream that haunts my nightmares every time I go to sleep...

Megan gasped out loud as the final memory sunk in. Everyone looked at her as a single tear started to seep down her cheek. She looked like she wanted to say something but Aqualad interrupted her. "We are here..." I sighed. As they say in the Circus business 'Time to get this show on the road...'

(A/N - Hey finally a chapter that isn't super short!!! :) we should all celebrate. just FYI the next chapter will be dedicated to 'susutls' I'm just using their idea in the next one cause if I did it in this one the chapter would be super long. [And we can't have that now can we?] :) Well I hope you liked it and remember... stay whelmed and feel the aster! :) bye! I hope to update soon! [wow even a shorter Authors Note!!!])