The Beginning

CHAPTER 7

Author's Note: So I think it's funny how the first chapter in the first book had the same name as the last chapter in the second book.

*****

So the ending of Freshman year had finally come, and about time too, I was getting sick and tired of all. All the drama and bullshit it had brought me. I was done.

Charolette and I had been sneaking around Chelsea's back doing things that we shouldn't have done. Yesterday, I would have said it didn't matter to me, today I feel like a dumbass.

Last day of school came and I was afraid. I was afraid that something was going to happen over the summer. Something as in: Charolette and I weren't going to spend enough time together so she was going to lose feeling for me, Charolette was going to see Chelsea all the time and fall for her again. It was all bad.

After school, I walked out to the front where Johnny's friend, Crista was going to be giving us a ride home. I saw her right there, ran full speed at her, dropping my books and wrapping my legs around her waist.

"Hey, Babe," Charolette said turning me around and setting me down. 

"Hi," the silence stretched after that. This was goodbye, for now.

"Don't be afraid, Babe, I'm not going anywhere," she looked at me sincerely.

"Promise?" I held out my pinkie. I knew this was a risk that I had taken before, and I still had gotten hurt. I was taking it again anyways because I loved her.

"Promise." she set meeting her own little finger with mine. I gave her a swift kiss on the mouth and flounced off to Crista's car before I could start crying.

On the way home, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. It was

Charolette.

*****

Her: I miss you already :'c

Me: I know me too /:

Her: What are you doing today?

Me: Nothing that I know of yet, I can ask my mom do to something though.

Her: Cool c:

Me: Yeah, what about you?

Her: Going to Denny's with Tanya, Cassandra, Megan, and Megan's boyfriend.

Me: Cool, I'm gonna got to McDonald's

Her: I'll meet you there.

Me: You don't have to.

Her: Yeah I do.

Me: /.\ Okay, Love you

Her: Love you.

*****

So I got money and I went down to McDonald's. I only had to wait a few minutes for her to show up and when she did, she brought her little entourage all except Tanya.

We hung out there for a while, until I had to go home, where Charolette walked me. 

When she left, I felt this certain emptiness overtake me. It was really the last day of school. I really had to wait three whole months to see her. Over my dead body. I would see her, I had to.

Reader, I was so afraid... So damn afraid that she was going to find someone else. Someone else...or someone from before AKA Chelsea.

In my mind, Chelsea was crazy. In reality, there was so much I didn't know.

Later that night I texted Charolette.

*****

Me: Hey...

Her: Hi, what's wrong? :c

Me: Just overthinking...

Her: Don't. You have nothing to be afraid of.

Me: Promise?

Her: Promise c:

*****

That was good enough for me. From the beginning she had told me that promises meant everything to her. After that I called her and fell asleep on the phone with her.

My doubt were pushed down, but not gone. 

This was the beginning of the end, The beginning of the summer.

The summer of pure hell.

******

This is the end of this book guys. The next book of the series will be called "Never Was," and hopefully will be out soon. Thank you guys for being such good readers.

THE END