I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Three

Beginne am Anfang

Suddenly, I felt stranger. Like he was mentally touching me or something! I could just feel his hands on me as he stared at me. His hot breath on my throat, his lips against mine-

WHOA.

"Yo!" Devin exclaimed as I lost my footing and hit the gym floor, my knees skidding along with my wrist. I cursed loudly so it echoed through the gym and I curled up, holding my arm against me and bringing my knees up. I could feel them burn angrily before growing numb as the other players crowded around, the coach shoving past them to get to me.

Pain radiated into my head, giving me an even bigger headache. I just groaned as the coach forced me to roll over on my back.

"Damn it, Carter," He muttered, taking my arm in his hands to study the torn away skin, "To the office and have the nurse patch you up. You're done for today."

"Aw, come on... It's just a scratch..." But even as I said it, I could just feel the tears in my eyes ready to well up, so I just turned my face away before forcing myself up onto my feet, keeping my head down as coach shoved the other boys away, barking at them to get back to work. I limped toward the doors, frowning when I saw that Blake had completely vanished.

Or so I thought. I stepped out of the gymnasium, limping along when I came to the stairs that led up to the office. I groaned. So what if it was only five or six steps? This was gonna hurt. I grabbed the railing and heaved myself up the steps, but by the time my feet touched the top, my knees were buckling and I was falling backwards.

A gasp left my lips as I tumbled backwards, wincing as I readied for the painful impact on my skull, but it never came. Instead, I felt into a familiar pair of muscular arms. I blinked and tipped my head back to look up into Blake's smirking face.

"Hello, damsel in distress." He greeted. I glared daggers at him.

"Screw you! Let me go!"

"What's with you brats, hmm? I just saved you from having the rest of your brains knocked out." Blake responded dully, then helped push me back up the stairs so I was standing on wobbly legs a couple feet from the office. I still wasn't grateful, if that was what he was asking. I didn't even want to see his face! I just huffed and started for the office, but Blake caught my elbow and reeled me back easily.

"Hold on, cowboy," He said smoothly, making me scowl, "Don't have a temper tantrum. I'll wait out in the parking lot, but hurry up. I wanna get home."

"Why're you in such a hurry?" I demanded. Blake's eyes flickered and for a split second, I saw something in those cold eyes of his, but as soon as it was there, it was gone. I frowned and Blake just let go of me, stepping back.

"Just hurry up."

"Yes, ma'am." I muttered sarcastically, making Blake cock a brow before his face became a blank slate as I turned and went into the office. The nurse rushed me into her room where I was forced to sit on a bed and get checked up. It's too bad the nurse was an old hag and not a cute girl. It didn't help when she started to spray the disinfectant on my bloody wounds. I just sat there and hissed past clenched teeth as she cleaned them up and placed a large band aid over both my kneecaps before wrapping a thin layer of gauze around my wrist.

"There ya go, honey," The chubby old nurse smiled, patting my head, "You're good as new! Say, was that Blake Patterson you were with out there?" I stared at her in disbelief. Was she nuts? So what if it was? I wasn't going to admit that!

"Uh, nooo?" I drawled, sliding off the bed. The old woman smiled.

"I see.... He's a good boy, you know?" She said as she packed up her medical kit. I tried not to gag and laugh at the same time at what she said. Oh yea! That was hilarious! Blake Patterson? A 'good boy'?! Sure, because blackmailing and spreading rumors was sooo angelic!