Chapter 6- Secrets

Randy's POV

I crashed through the clouds, and then hit the ground. I ran through the fog in the Nomicon until I saw what the mist was swirling around. Y/N. She was curled up on the ground, a shimmering red box encasing her. "Y/N!!" I shouted. She looked up at me, her eyes red and puffy. The hurt and betrayal was clear in her eyes. She thought I brought her here on purpose! I mean, yeah, I did, but I didn't know the Nomicon was gonna do this to her!

The Nomicon flashed new words: 'Beware the monster inside.' A bunch of doodle arrows pointed at Y/N. "But why?! She didn't do anything!" Y/N flinched. Did she?

A new door appeared. "The Ultimate Lesson," I read aloud. "That's it!" I turned to the glowing words. "Let her out! I'm going to show her the Ultimate Lesson!" Slowly, the red box disappeared. Y/N, who had been leaning against the frame, tumbled to the hard earth. I could tell she wasn't okay, because she didn't stand up for a while. Even when she did, her legs shook furiously and she fell back down.

I was beside her in an instant. "Here, lemme help."

She shook off my hand. "I'm fine, Randy," she spat my name like it was venom. She wasn't fine. She couldn't stand by herself until she used a tree for support. "Why did you bring me here?" Her bottom lip trembled, as if she expected the box to come back. She quickly bit it to stop it from shaking.

"Come on, Y/N. I have to show you that Lesson, or else the book will wonk out again." That got her attention. She paled and slowly draped her arm around me. She looked up at me, her eyes now a stormy gray with a couple flecks of red. "What's with your eyes? They keep changing color," I asked. She shook her head, and when she looked back, they had returned to E/C.

"I'm just....different. A lot different," Y/N finally choked out an answer. She let go of me and began to walk by herself, stumbling slightly. When we reached the doors, I opened the door and quickly looked away. I had found out the hard way what happened when someone looks into the bright light.

Her eyes dilated and glazed over. She fell backwards, heading for a painful impact with the packed dirt. I let go of the door and just managed to grab her before she hit the ground. I picked her up bridal style because I knew I couldn't hold her above the ground for long, and who knows how long it would be until the Nomicon let us out? Looking at the girl hanging limply in my arms, I sighed. I felt like such a shoob for bringing her here. But at least now, things can go back to normal.

The Nomicon finally let us out.

Once back in the real world, it took her a few minutes to wake up. The whites of her eyes weren't green anymore, luckily. Her hair was splayed out around her, and she laid sprawled out on the grass. When she did wake up, I felt as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Your POV

A blinding light was the first thing I saw. "Ughhn...my head..... Wha-what happened?" I tried to sit up, but fell back.

"Whoa, don't try to sit up yet. You've been out for longer than you should've been," Randy said. Wait.... Randy? What's he doing here?

"Where...what....how?" I stammered, my head pounding in my ears. "The last thing I remember-" Randy cut me off.

"The last thing you remember should be coming to school this morning, right? Look, maybe you should go home. You...you had something happen to your head. Your eyes rolled back into your head, and I just think it might be best if you just go," he looked kind of desperate for me to leave, but he looked more guilty than desperate.

"Wait.... Wait! Yeah, I remember that! Then I asked you what you knew about the Ninja, and when you said something about McFist, you freaked out! Then Howard showed up, and you left, then came back and brought me here to look at your....book...." I looked around for it. A single tear made its way down my cheek.

"it was horrible, Randy! I was falling, then I was trapped in a red cube! I couldn't feel anything! It was draining me! Then you came, and got me out, and took me to that door, and I woke up here. What happened at that door, Randy? I don't want a lie. I want the truth! I'm no monster, like that book said," I said, nearly toneless, but her looked as if I had just slapped him. I was a wreck! Oh cheese, I must look totally wonked up!

"You remember that....?! Oh, come on, Y/N! Why you gotta make things so hard?" Randy exclaimed, definitely annoyed.

"Hold on..." I said. I had spotted the math book.

"Waitwaitwait!" Randy lunged for the book, but I was faster. I grabbed it and ripped off the '1,2,3 Math' cover.

"I knew it!" I shouted. Inside was the red and black design of the Ninja Nomicon.

"Ohhhhkay, so I've figured out the 'Ultimate Lesson' deal doesn't work on you, and you've figured out who I am. This was so much easier when it happened to Debbie Kang! Hold on, I need to go get Howard! Just...stay put. Okay?" He was super frustrated.

"I don't think I'm going anywhere," I said, gesturing to my shaking legs.

He ran off before he would answer me.

AN
THE UPDATES!!! THE UPDATEEEESSS!!!!! I ACTUALLY GOT TWO ON THE SAME DAY!!! :DDD

And don't forget to:

-Vote
-Comment
-Follow
-Recommend this book to another RC9GN fan!

Until next time, my narwhals ✌🏻️