01

| Janae |

[Janae in the media, she's cute!🌻❤️]

I sat in class, playing with my pencil. My best friend, Leilani wasn't at school today. It was last period, Sociology. I'm in the top set and i would consider myself as intelligent.

The teacher, Ms Montgomery dragged on about goals and aspirations. We've learnt that shit already, this is the sleeping emoji. Lord, I'm bored out of my mind. I played around with some sticky tack from my pencil case as i nearly dropped off when the teacher asked other students why they take part or do their own interests. Wow, a lot of people in this class are academically smart but their logic is COMPLETELY heart hurting.

Let me introduce myself y'all. My name is Janae Michaelson. I don't have a middle name, lord knows why. I live in a one story house, with my ma and little sister, her name is Summer and she is 5. My father? He died sadly a couple years back. Sometimes there is pain, you can never get over death but you do cope better. Im 17 years old, my birthday is April 15. Yes, I'm an Aries♈️, shout out to my gang•gang. One of my interests are Star Signs, I've always loved the whole idea of it and how sometimes it's so accurate. Plus, my whole room is based on Star Signs. I also like writing poems! Anyways, I'm in senior year, the last year of High School. Thank Lord!

I am African American, i know my roots though, I'm Ghanaian :) I have a milky chocolate complexion, which I love! My hair is mostly out, naturally in its afro. My curl type is 4A, which is a S - shaped curl and slightly frizzy as it is less dense and tightly coiled. Anyways back to class.

"Mr Billington, why do you play basketball?" Ms Montgomery asked a student in the class why they part take in their interest.

I looked over at him. His name was Tray Billington, he called himself Tray Bills though. He had a nice brown complexion, plump lips, his eyebrows were naturally popping! And his distinct Thot hair cut with the curls, like all the black boys in Atlanta. It suits them though, I'm not complaining!

"To be famous and get money." He answered. I instantly cringed in my mind. This nigga said, to make money!

The logic of some people, once again HURTS! Im the type of quiet person, but if you say something i don't like, I'll call out on your ass. Everyone in the class clapped as the boys hollered. I rolled my eyes as the teacher noticed.

"Would you like to say something Janae?" She asked as she stood at her desk. She was a young Afro-Belizean woman, probably in her mid 30's and her light caramel skin and soft 3A curls. I sighed inwardly as the whole class looked at me. I fixed myself in my seat and spoke.

"Just the fact that he said to make money, that's the most rubbish thing I've ever heard. You could make money any way you desire." I spoke looking at Billington.

He looked shocked that i called out on his ass.

"Okay, Janae, why is that?" He retaliated, defending himself. I sighed outwardly.

"Like i just said! You can make money any way. You could be a model, artist, track runner, singer, psychologists, sociologist, doctor and even a drug dealer if you'd like. But you, you choose being a basketball player. That obviously means you like to play basketball, it's something you aspire to be and want to achieve, which is the whole point of this lesson, not for the money. If you keep thinking about the money, you'll trip in life, and back to the starting point." I spoke my mind as the class listened intently.

I looked at Tray and he looked surprised with his brows raised.

"Well said Janae." Ms Montgomery said as the bell rung, dismissing the class. "Okay, class- you are dismissed!" She exclaimed as everyone packed up and left. I packed my shit up and left the class room, ready to go home and FaceTime by best friend, Leilani.