Cold

Mark's POV

After walking for a while, we finally made it into a rather old-looking building. Jack grab into his jeans pocket, taking out a key and unlock the door. "Um, come in, I guess?" He said, scratching his head nervously. I chuckled, pinching his cheek.  "Ouch! What was that for?" He groaned, rubbing his cheek in annoyance.

"I'm sorry. Your awkwardness is too damn adorable for me to handle." I said bluntly, causing his cheeks to change color into a soft pink.

His mouth opened but quickly shut as he walks inside the building, leaving me behind. "Hey! Wait for me!" I shriek, running towards him.

"Slowpoke." He mumbles under his breath, chuckling afterwards.

The place was... Artsy to say the least. The wooden floor was filled with plastic and paint stain with different colors everywhere. Stack of canvas could be seen in one of the corner, revealing paintings with different story to tell. Near the window was a comfy-looking couch and a table with a laptop sitting there, still on. In the middle of the room was a wooden easel, with paintbrush, a bucket of water, palette and paint next to it.

I put down the canvas, still feeling rather amazed by the place. "I know its not much but, hope ya feel comfortable." He said, giving back my jacket. "Thanks again mark."

"You're welc--" before I could finish my sentence, a loud sneeze came out, follow up by a shiver. "Oh no! Now you're sick." He sighs as he ran into a small cabinet near the sink and paint. He rummages through it for a while. Then, he found what he was looking for; two cups and a blanket.

"Mark, can ya sit on the couch fer me?" He asks, still looking for something else. I nodded, dragging my foot across the creaking wooden floor into the couch. I then sat down, leaning in as I took a sigh and shut my eyes, feeling quite exhausted.

My eyes fluttered when I heard a soft voice calling my name. "Mark..?"

"5 more minutes, I swear..." I mumbled, still feeling tired than ever. A chuckle can be heard afterwards. "Mark, you need to drink this before it's cold. And use your jacket for god sake."

I then look at the direction of the sound, only to find Jack holding two cups of hot cocoa. I couldn't resist myself as I took one from his hand gently, thanking him after.

"Thanks Jack... You don't have to be this ni-- achoo!" I sneeze again, almost dropping the hot drink from my cold hands. "Geez, don't talk too much. Just rest, okay?" He smiles gently, walking away into the middle of the room.

Before I could stand up, I notice a warm and soft fabric was hugging my body gently; it was Jack's blanket I assume. I decided to stay where I am, rolling into a ball to get more warmth. I was not in the mood to wear my jacket, putting it aside.

As I sip my drink, my eyes wandered to Jack, who was currently in his 'own world.' His perfect blue eyes was focusing on the canvas that he bought earlier, sketching something with a crayon. But I couldn't make out what he was drawing, as my brown eyes were only focus on him rather than anything else. His hands move delicately, as his eyes sparkles, showing accomplishment and satisfaction.

I chuckled under my breath at his reaction, feeling calm like I've never been before. Damn, work consumes me more than I know.

As I look out the window, I notice a flake of snow fallen from the midnight sky, down into the cold street. My eyes widened like a little kid on Christmas morning that was running downstairs to see what his gift is, as my eyes watches what lies outside the window in excitement.

"It's snowing eh? About time." Jack said, his eyes still stick into his canvas. "Yeah, it's nice..." I hummed in delight.

After a while, I put my almost-empty cup on the table and shut my heavy eyes, drifting back to sleep once more.

Between my sleep, I could've swore something warm snuggles into my side. But I was too tired to find out as I snuggle back, feeling more comfortable than ever.