Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I dropped the letter and sat on my bed thinking about my next step. I felt so violated, the vampire had been in my room, most likely when I was in the shower. They saw my possessions, they touched everything, yet nothing looked out of place. It wasn't a nice feeling to have someone invade your most personal and private area.

I calmly got dressed, not in my nightwear like I had planned, but into some normal clothes. When I opened my door I called out to see if any of the boys were home.

"I need you guys, now." I said through the link when I got no response.

"We'll be there soon." Xavier answered for all of them. I didn't need them a lot of the time, so when I admitted it to them, they knew it was a serious matter. I sat on one of the stools in the kitchen waiting for them to come home. I didn't have to wait long, and they were at the door in a matter of minutes.

"Is everything alright? We got home as fast as we could." Xavier said with Jace and Nate standing behind him. It was only then I saw Celia.

"Someone has been in the house." I said. Their facial expressions darkened knowing that this was nearly impossible to do. "They have been in my room and touched my stuff. They left a letter." I said calmly, still sitting down.

The three of them stormed into my room, before coming out with the letter.

"Vampire." Jace confirmed what I thought. The others nodded.

"Were they in the house when you came home?" Nate asked.

"I don't think so. I came home, had a shower, and when I came back I could smell something weird. It's the same scent I smelled in the woods." I said.

"The woods? It's not safe out there Rain!" Xavier exclaimed.

"It's the place I go to be calm." I said standing my ground, they too understood that sometimes you just need a place you feel safe with the stillness. That place and image was taken away from me today. He had the letter in his hands, his eyes darkening when he looked at it.

"He's taunting you. Why you?" Nate asked, looking at me trying to depict the answer.

"I'm not sure." I answered with a wary look on my face. I was exhausted from today, I just needed to pass out, but that wasn't an option now.

"It's not safe." Xavier said. He got his phone out and called Cole or Chris. "It's an emergency." He said. Once he hung up the phone he said, "They'll be here soon."

The fact that he called our parents made me worry. We always tried to sort everything around here on our own, but because they warned us about this, it was seen as best to contact them.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked Celia, it was only then that my brothers remembered that she was in the room. She nodded her head looking quite pale. I went to get it for her happy the attention was of me for a while. Even though I took a shower, I felt the need to wash my face to get rid of the tiredness. This was overwhelming. I looked at myself in the mirror and just thought; how could I have missed it? He was just out there.

When I joined the others I took a seat back on the stool, my elbows on the table, my head in my hands. Xavier came to me, hugging me saying, "It would all be alright rain." I raised my head and looked him in the eyes. I could see that what he said was truth. Or he deeply believed what he was saying.

My parents burst into our apartment at this point, I wasn't surprised to see mum here.

They all came over to me looking me over, and then looking the boys over. After seeing we were alright, without saying a word Cole went into my room feeling what we suspected, the vampire scent was in the room.