Emerald Avalon Rain

Prologue: Just the begining 

Xavier was pushing me on the swings in our large garden; I laughed because he was not much bigger than me, but still thought he was the boss. And he was determined to let everyone around me know that. It was the same for Nathanial and Jacob. I loved my brothers but there are so protective over me! I'm the last, and a girl, but that does not mean I am weaker. Right? Of course I am six now, but I am going to be a fighter, that’s all I've ever wanted to be. My brothers do not want to hear that as I could get hurt.

I'm not the kind of girl to sit back and do nothing; I'm going to follow my dream.

"Emerald, dinner is ready, let's go inside. Emerald… stop day dreaming." Jacob said to me as he helped me off the swing. I did not even realised the swing had stopped.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" Nathanial shouted and took off in a head start.

"Hey that’s not fair!" I said trying to catch up as quickly as I could. We were close to the house so it did not take us too long to run back. I was of course the last.

"Don’t worry Rain; you're not a rotten egg." Xavier said. He came up to me and gave me a hug, the others follow doing the same after they saw the sad facial expression I carried.

"Sorry Rain, it's just a silly game." Jacob and Nathanial chimed in as they held my hand through to the dining room where we would have dinner. Xavier walked a little ahead of us and entered first. He was like the leader of us. I guess it's because he is the first one and is going to be alpha one day, but now, he's a prince.

"Hello mummy!" I said greeting my mother at her seat. I wanted to be just like her one day. She was my role model. "Where is daddies, I want to show them the picture I drew earlier on." I said excitedly.

"Hello mum." Chimed my brothers.

"They are just finishing their duties." She said in response to Emerald question with a dreamy smile on her face. I want to smile just like that, I thought. "Hello boys. How has your day been?" she asked looking at us. We all started talking at once excitedly, about our days.

She giggled and told us to go one at a time. Of course, that meant me first as my brothers always did.

"It was fine, school was good, I cannot wait to be older though and go to the teenager's school." I said with a dreamy look on my face. It sounded so good, yet far away.

"Don’t worry Emerald. You would not be able to realise how quick those days are going to come." Mum reassured me with a gentle smile.

"Well my day was great, there is this pretty girl in my class her smile is so pretty, so are her teeth. She does not notice me though." Jacob said looking down; I don’t know whether to say "ew" or "aw".

"You have too many crushes Jacob!" mum said laughing at his sad face. "There will be one time when you will meet your mate and I promise she will be your last and final crush." She said to him… well to all of us as we will all be in the same situation.

"I can't wait for my mate mum." I said.

"Neither can I." Said Jacob and Nathanial.

"What about you Xavier?" Mother said looking confused at him.

"I don’t want to put her in any danger mum. She is safer not being my mate." He said with a sad look on his face. I know he wanted a mate, but he will be so protective over her, just like he is with me.

"You can never hurt her son." My daddy Cole said walking in.

"She will be the best thing that can happen to you, she will love you when you do wrong, and she will stay at your side when you become king." Daddy Chris said. They were both looking at mommy with an adoring look on their faces. Love. I cannot wait. Yes I did have two daddies, they were both my mother's mate which I found romantic. I wish I had two, but I knew I would be happy with whatever I had.

They went over to her and gave her a kiss. I still don’t know whether to think "yuck" or "aww" so I did neither.

The servants brought in the food and we continued with conversation as usual. After dinner we were told to go to our study room and wait for our tutors. We did go normal school, but we were advanced in our learning so we had normal school and tutors to help us understand better. Also we could not always make it to school so we used them to catch up.

"Emerald Avalon-Rain! Clean up your room." I heard mum shout from upstairs, we were in the middle of a movie as well, it was getting good. I groaned, even though I was a princess, I still had to do this chore. What can I say, I can't have everything.

"When the movie is finished mom." I shouted back for her to hear.

"Fine, but I'm not asking you twice!" she said back.

I had grew accustom to not sleeping in the same room as my brothers, although it had been hard to get use to. Last year when I was about five they separated us. Although we had gotten our own rooms, we were still close and we fell asleep in the same place together occasionally. Daddy would always carry us back. It was our thing, plus our large bed allowed us to do so. I was always in the middle. Protective brothers.

When it was bed time we made our way to Xavier's room to mess around. My brothers spoke about cars while I listened giving my input once in a while, before I fell asleep with the sound of my brothers talking. I felt when they all fell asleep. Only then did I allowed myself to fall into a deep sleep.

Authors note

If you are a new reader this is the sequel to The Mate to Twin Princes and which is completed. Do read and tell me what you think before reading this book

This is the prologue of the sequel to The Mate to Twin Princes!! I'm not sure if the name of this book will change, and it is likely to do so. This book will be focused mainly on Emerald. In chapter 29 of The Mate To Twin Princes some of you wanted an insight to their early years so I just wanted to build up a little bit to her teenage years.

Please comment and tell me what you think! I hope I continue to receive the same support I did from all my readers in my last book.

You all mean a lot to me,

Thank you.

(All Rights Reserved)