nightmare (percabeth)

"Come here little demigod. Come join me." Gaea tauntingly crowed.

Percy looked around. He was in Tartarus. Riptide was unsheathed and in his hand, and he spun around, looking for any sign of monsters. There was none, only Gaea standing in front of him in all her Dirt Face glory.

Annabeth.

Didn't Annabeth fall into Tartarus with him. Where was she?

"Never. I wouldn't join you in a million years." Percy spat.

"Fine," She snarled. "Then you can suffer."

Annabeth suddenly materialized in front of him. Her clothes were ripped and her hair was in tangles and her face was bloodied but Percy thought she still looked as beautiful as ever.

"Annabeth." He whispered.

She smiled and began to run towards him when suddenly she stopped. Her face twisted in surprise and her hands found her way to her chest. A sword was sticking out of it, staining the orange shirt red. Percy sprinted over to her and took her in his arms as she fell, holding her on the ground.

"Suffer." Gaea smiled viciously before crumbling away like dirt.

"No, no, no please." Percy said, stroking her cheeks with his thumbs.

"Percy," She whispered. "I'm dying."

"No you're not," He shook his head, tears streaming down his face. "You'll be okay. We'll get some nectar, ambrosia-"

"I'm dying Percy," She coughed. "I love you.'

"I love you too." He told her.

"I love you Percy. I love you. I lo-" Her words fell short.

Annabeth's chest stopped moving and her face went still. Her gray eyes dulled.

Annabeth Chase was dead.

Percy wept over the body of his love, clutching and screaming at her to come back. She couldn't leave. It wasn't fair. She was his everything, he couldn't lose her. It wasn't fair, it wasn't fa-

Percy woke up with a scream ripping out of him. He kicked at the sheets, crawling backwards. He kept screaming until someone burst into his room. She wrapped her arms around him, calming him down. She whispered soothing things to him, wiping at his tears.

"Shh, its okay, him here Percy. It was just a dream. It wasn't real. I'm here, its okay, everything is okay. Percy its me. Its Annabeth Percy."

Eventually he calmed down and settled into Annabeth, just letting her hold him. That's all he needed, he just needed to touch Annabeth and to feel her chest move up and down to let him know that she was alive.

"You died." He whispered.

"No I didn't. I'm here Percy, right here."

They moved around so they were both laying down in Percy's bed. He had his arms wrapped her, and she snuggled into him. He had his face buried in her hair, breathing in her lemon scent.

"As long as we're together."