I scowl at him, "I hate you Carter."

He growls at me, and his eyes are filled with pain. I sigh, and wrap my arms around his torso, "I didn't mean it, I just-"

He lightly pushes me away, "Just get ready Cosette."

I swallow loudly, and pick my dress up off the floor. I can't help but feel hurt, why do I keep screwing this up? I go into the bathroom, and slip on the pale blue dress. My curly hair is generally in order, and my blue eyes look sparkly and revived. Okay, just zip up the dress. You are kidding me right? My fingers can't reach the zipper, I got it half way up so I am not a complete fail, but now I have a half zipped dress. I pout at my reflection in the mirror as I realize my fate.

I open the bathroom door, and call, "Carter? I need some assistance!"

He pokes his head out of the closet, "What?"

"Erm uh.." I say my face flushing.

He comes out of the closet, and he is dressed extremely nicely. He has a pair of jeans on that hang low on his hips, and a blue button down shirt that coincidentaly matches my dress. "Cosette, sweety, use your words."

My name coming out of his mouth and him calling me sweety just makes me even more flustured. I close my eyes, focus, "I can't uh zip my dress."

He rolls his eyes, "And you couldn't just say that the first time because...?"

I feel like my throat is closing up and I blurt out, "Because you distract me."

He breaks out into laughter, and I frown, "Stop laughing at me!"

He supresses his laughter, but I smile is still plastered on his face, "Sorry, turn around."

I do as he says, and I feel his fingertips brush against my bare skin as he zips the zipper. I shiver from his touch, and he whispers in my ear, "You ready?"

All I can manage to do is nod my head vigorously. He chuckles, grabs my hand, and leads me out of the room.

---

"OH MY GOSH CARTER SHE IS GORGEOUS!" His mother squeels happily. 

She pulls me into a hug, and squeezes me tightly, "You are so perfect! I am so glad he met you."

I smile at her, not knowing what to say. "You can call me Annie."

"Thank you Annie."

Carter smiles at me, and I smile back. "Mom, her brother is Jake."

Her mouth forms an o shape, "But he is a werewolf and you are a human."

"Um yea, my wolf just never developed."

She smiles sadly at me, "Such a shame, but you will still make the perfect Luna."

I can feel extreme happiness flowing through me, and I know it's her emotions that I am feeling. "So mom, where's dad?"

A flash of worry crosses her face, and she coughs awkwardly, "He um, did not want to come."

Tears immediatly fill my eyes, and Carter pulls me closer to him, "What do you mean?" Carter pushes.

Annie remains silent, and I feel my heart break a little. Carter rubs my arm, trying to comfort me. "Tell me." He demands, using his Alpha tone.

"He is not happy with your mate being a human, and he doesn't want to meet her." She says, with pain written all over her face, "I tried to convince him to come."

A tear falls from my face, and Carter growls, "How dare he?"

"Carter it's fine." I whisper shakily.

He lets go of me, grabs his jacket, and storms out. Once he is gone, I let myself cry. His father doesn't like me. He hasn't met me, and he already hates me. What if Carter rejects me because of this? His pack definitely won't like me now. Annie pulls me into a hug, "Oh sweety, don't worry about it okay? I'm sure he will come around. You are absolutely lovely."

I wipe the tears off my face, and Jake enters the kitchen, "Who the hell slammed the front door so loud that my butt cheeks vibrated?"

I laugh through my tears, and Jake immediatly pulls me into a hug, "What happened?"

"Carter's dad doesn't like me."

Jake holds me close to him, and I just cry. He pulls away, "Listen Cosette, I really have to go. I have some Beta things to take care of."

I nod my head, and he practically runs out of the house. Annie is just standing there awkwardly, fiddling with her fingers. She looks alot like Carter, or more like Carter looks a lot like her. They have the same green eyes and jet black hair. I try my best to smile sweetly at her, and she sighs, "i have a feeling that you will be a great Luna Cosette, just, don't worry about this okay? All that matters is Carter likes you, a lot."

I just nod my head, but I am not sure Carter liking me is going to be enough.