With his mouth shut together, Baekhyun glanced down on the floor, silently agreeing with the implications Chanyeol concocted about his future behavior. Sprayed clear of doubt, Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol had hit the mark in knowing how he was going to be treated the following weekend. However, it wasn't for the reason that he was ashamed to be seen with the giant. It was the other way around with the brunet unwilling to burden the jock with whispers behind his back.

"You already know how it is, Chanyeol."

"Yeah, but I don't like it," the giant responded with a smile that made the brunet feel guilty for having brought it on upon himself.

A few seconds passed, but it felt like a type of eternity for Baekhyun who felt relieved upon hearing the basketball coach blow him whistle, loudly announcing for the team to gather again. He had nothing else to say. His objective had been reached and successful, but the man in front of him created a funnel of side issues and arguments that Baekhyun hadn't prepared for when he stepped through the gymnasium doors.

As if sensing Baekhyun's decreasing comfort level with their strained conversation, Chanyeol took it upon himself to start backing away and allowing the brunet to own a bit more space. Then, realizing how he seemed to have put the petit boy in a dry situation and under a heated spotlight, giant stopped before changing his mind and quickly walking over to pull the detached isolationist into a fleeting embrace.

"For you, I'll think about it," he said, whispering against Baekhyun's ear before he pulled away by an arm's length. "If it'll stop Kyungsoo from bothering you to do this, then fine. I'll think about it. I might even talk to him, but you have to keep in mind that I'm not doing this because I want to. Understand that, alright?"

He cupped one side of Baekhyun's face for a moment before he gave him a soft pat on the cheek and backed off. "I have to go back now. Come back and see me practice some other time if you want. Just don't come in here bringing up other people, alright? Come for me. Do that and I'll be happy for the day!"

And with that, he left Baekhyun to stand alone behind the seclusion of the bleachers.

-

-

There was a war that went on inside of him and it reminded Baekhyun of the stalemate that went on in World War 1. Stuck between two opposing forces that both clawed for him to sway in their own unique path kept the brunet awake longer than he would've liked on nights where he preferred to only decompress and sleep off all his troubles. He couldn't understand why his entire existence kept the giant in consideration with all his decisions despite the fact that prior to letting the man accompany him every afternoon for their short lunch break, Baekhyun never cared much for the jock's opinion or his feelings. If Chanyeol hadn't confessed or began the effort to pursue him, Baekhyun would've chosen Kyungsoo and filed a complaint against Chanyeol himself.

But he didn't. There wasn't an inch in his body willing to initiate the process of filing the complaint Kyungsoo requested to be done.

With no offense meant to hurt, Baekhyun currently thought Chanyeol was enough to be comparable to a large leech that had latched itself onto him. A part of the brunet couldn't bear to rip the animal off despite knowing all too well that as harmless as it seemed, it was going to make him weaker. The other side of him demanded for the riddance of the leech's existence, but the more Baekhyun thought about it, the less important it became to choose one decision over the other.

He was going to weaken or bleed either way.

-

-

With his computer on his lap and gum smacking in his mouth, Kyungsoo propped himself on Baekhyun's bed where the mattress met with the corner of one of the walls. If he had the strength in him to do as he openly pleased to complain, Baekhyun would request for the man to move, but he couldn't. With a magazine on world politics covering his entire face, the brunet settled with having the company of Kyungsoo's rear five inches to the left and having to share his pillows with the president's cheeks.