Elena's story

Chapter 2

“When will Elena finally tell us what this night is about?”, Bonnie asked excitedly. Elena, Caroline and her were sitting on Caroline´s bed. They had the house for themselves because Caroline´s mother had work to do, like always. “Not yet, I told you we´ll wait until Rebekah arrives”, Caroline explained. Bonnie rolled her eyes on her friend and Elena nervously played with her hair. She didn´t expect Rebekah to come. She didn´t like the Original but furthermore she felt uncomfortable about telling her the story. But Caroline made clear that Rebekah was pretty nice and that this would be a good evening. Caroline heard a parking car and she jumped from her bed. “There she is! You guys: play nice and just give her a chance, okay?”, she looked at her friends with a serious face and they just nodded in agreement. Caroline smiled and she walked out of the room. Slowly Bonnie and Elena followed her, not really happy about the arrival of the fourth girl. Caroline was waiting in front of the door until it knocked. She took a deep breath, smiled friendly and opened the door. “Hey Rebekah, it´s good to see you...”, she started when her face suddenly fell down. Bonnie and Elena tried to resist their laugh. “You like running into Original hybrids, don´t you love?”, a smiling Klaus was standing in front of Caroline. She blushed immediately and she quickly looked to the ground. “What do you want?”, she asked with a hard voice, what didn´t impress Klaus at all. He was smiling even brighter and he answered: “Oh well, my sister told me you´re doing a girls night and she asked me to drive her”. Now Caroline saw that he was holding a big pink bag in his hands and she assumed it couldn´t be Klaus´. Now Rebekah appeared behind him with a big box in her hands. “He´s right. Oh, I brought some champagne and some blood-bags, it´s my favourite, A negative”, Rebekah smiled friendly while she pointed at the box. “...and I bought some sweets, in case you don´t have any. That´s right, isn´t it – you need sweets for a girls night, right? Well anyway...”, Rebekah suddenly stopped. Perplexed she looked at Caroline. “What is it?”, Caroline asked bewildered. “I can´t get in!”, Rebekah said and Caroline´s eyes widened at once. She completely forgot that! “Oh my god, I´m so sorry! Wait...I´ll just call my mom to invite you in”, Caroline mumbled, while she quickly searched the house for her mobile, what made Klaus laugh quietly. He found her adorable when she got nervous...well honestly he always found her adorable. Elena cleared her throat, what interrupted Klaus´ thoughts. Caroline had obviously found her mobile and she whispered “I´m so, so sorry!”, while looking at his sister. “I don´t want to interrupt you love, but where should I put this?”, Klaus asked and he pointed at the pink bag in his hand. He never got why his sister´s stuff always had to be pink, it was such an awful colour. “Oh, in Caroline´s room. You could give it to me, I´ll put it there”, Elena offered politely. Of course she knew that Klaus wasn´t able to get into the house, because he was a vampire and he wasn´t invited in. Klaus smiled mischievously because now he knew that Caroline kept it a secret. Even better, he thought as he decided to tease her a little. Caroline looked at the two Originals in front of the door while talking to her mom and when she saw Klaus´ smile, she knew what he was about to do. “No, no, no, don´t...”, she said quickly but Klaus already stepped through the door. He laughed slightly when he walked towards her room to put the bag in it. When he came back his sister was still standing in front of the door, gazing at him like he was an alien. He took the box from her and when he went to Caroline´s room again, he couldn´t hold himself from smiling about the dumbfounded faces of Bonnie and Elena. When he came back the second time, he watched Caroline giving her phone to his sister, who smiled and said: “Thank you Sherriff Forbes”. Then she gave the phone back to Caroline and finally stepped through the door. Klaus noticed Caroline´s deadly glare on him so he went outside but he turned around once again. “Oh and Caroline”, he started. Caroline shyly looked up to him and he added with a mischievous smile: “I see you kept the present. It was easy to find after your room didn´t change since the last time”. The three other girls´ mouths popped open and Caroline blushed immediately. “Shut up!”, she hissed with an indignant face, before she slammed the door right  in front of Klaus´ face. But his smile only got even brighter and he added loudly: “I´ll see you tomorrow Caroline!”