Chapter Two

C H A P T E R T W O
︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾

Never in a million years would've I thought of getting an acceptance letter from my dream university, and never in a bizillion years would've I had a single thought that it'd be the day right after when I abandoned the thought of it.

Standing there in my front yard next to the rusty sky blue mail box, I held the letter close to me as if it'd disappear. I forgot about everything but this moment right now as I lightly pecked the envelop with the crown emblem printed on it as tears threatened to spill; the one thing that was stopping them to wet my cheeks and spoil my makeup was the ringing in my brain, It'd be worth it, time with him would be worth it. It has to be.

The keys hanging loosely from my finger jingled as I gave the envelope one last clench of my fists, crumbling the corners when I remember why I came outside in the first place and strode inside again. I took two steps at a time on the staircase and pushed open the bedroom with a bang. The open suitcase on my queen bed reminded me that I abandoned need my packing and I approached it, instantly having an idea pop in my head and I quickly stuffed the envelope between two folded jeans and got out hurriedly.

The weather here in Stawford was a little unusual today. The clouds had come up to add a little more angst to the worst day of my my life, not helping me calm my nerves at all. But after all, how can one calm his nerves down when he is bidding farewell to those two people who've been there for him through thick and thin, not to get mention the fact that from today, I'd be living someone else's life. I wouldn't be the girl who wanted to ink every single empty page she'd see, I'll instead be the girl who'd travel from place to place with no solid place to live.

The clouds have cleared up a lot and have made everything a little bit more bright when I parked outside Stawford Airport ten minutes later. The sound of rolling wheels on the pavement is the only thing heard when I quickly got out of my car and pushed the glass doors. I quickly strode to the far right corner where a small cafe is located when I spot some familiar faces. I jogged to the group who looked to be ordering some soda, there's Riley trying to open her drink and Lauren who's munching on a muffin when I approached them.

"Hey," I whispered in Riley's ear and hugged her from behind and startled her a little but she eased when she saw me.

"Hey," she replied with a sad smile when she turned around, lacing her fingers with mine before she pulled me in a hug.

"Gonna miss you loads," I sighed only to be separated by Lauren.

            "I'm gonna be the first one to read your book, swear." she whispered as she gave a hug too and my breaths became uneven when I heard those words. "You know I'm not gonna leave you to grow old and die without taking your shot, right?" I decided not to reply on that one and hugged her tighter.

Time moved quickly and before we know it, Xavier and I are sitting on the cool metal chairs of the airport as we heard the loud swoosh of Lauren's airplane taking flight.

"I'll miss those girls," Xavier sighed as he snaked his arms over my shoulders and I nodded and relaxed into his arms. My tranquility was short lived when Xavier spun me around on the balls of my feet to face him, "I forgot to tell you about something. We're flying off tomorrow at nine, so you should pack everything up before that. Your passport and stuff is with me, right?"

"Yeah I gave it to you yesterday," he gave a small nod in confirmation before we both walked back to the parking lot and drove back home.