"harry!" gigi calls and he looks at her.

"what?"

"you coming?" she asks flashing her brown eyes on him. he nods and they head to their homeroom class. "you know what i think? blue is not a color for the middle-class and below."

"why girlfriend?"

"where is taylor? harry asks before gigi replies to zayn's question. she tells him that she went with niall to vienna for the new years.

"together?" he asks, unfazed. he is not bothered because they have a lot of history, harry and taylor. at first, harry and mckenzie used to date, niall was with taylor and zayn was, well, taylor waldorf. beginning of high school, niall was with taylor, harry was with kendall and zayn with mckenzie. and now? harry is with taylor, zayn with gigi and niall with brittany.

"yeah something about flights being cancelled cause of weather of some shit," zayn shrugs.

"sure," he mums, looking around his class. it was the new year, and he wants to see who is in his class. one by one, he looks at the new kids in class, with gigi talking in the background to zayn, harry sighs because why is there no one interesting coming to their class.

"liam!" gigi shrieks, standing up and jogging to him.

"babe! i missed you," liam smiles. harry liked liam. genuinely liked him. why? well, he did not vomit in his face, or laugh in his face, or humiliate him in front of the whole school in 2013 when he said he is gay, or rather bisexual. liam is the only one who was cool with it and treated him like it did not matter he fancied men too.

"come sit," gigi cheers, pulling liam to a seat, "and tell us all about your christmas trip to chicago."

"it was a bore," liam sighs, but in a playful manner. "like the whole time my dad was just droning about how we should not be eating turkey for christmas because it is an american thing but my mom ignored him because she is, get this, on the roof with these reindeers with christmas lights and everything and she trips and falls off the roof. but get this, she doesn't actually fall, she flies down."

"your mother is a daring woman!" gigi giggles.

"that she is for sure! that's why she is my mom," liam winks.

the teacher walks in and introduces himself as mr sprite who will be their homeroom teacher. not much happens for an hour, apart from harry listening to zayn whisper sweet nothings to gigi all through the lesson. finally the bell rings and mr sprite comes round handing out the class schedules for each of them.

"maths?" harry groans. "maths!?"

turning around in his seat, liam smiles, "i have maths too."

i smile and we both head to our classes. i plop down on my seat, liam going on about his christmas dinner with his family in chicago (again) and harry zones out. or more like stares at the brown-haired boy entering his class, with a tank top and a silver adidas jacket.

his eyes do not leave the boy even as he makes his way to his seat and takes out his book from his vans bag.what is this boy? he has shriveled, uncombed hair, an adidas jacket in the middle of january, sport shoes on his feet, damn ripped skinny jeans and is that him with bracelets around his arms? and he has tattoos as well?

"who are you looking at so hard?" liam wonders, looking into the direction harry's green eyes were locked. "ah, louis."

"louis?" harry frowns. "what kind of name is that?"

"stop," liam chuckles, elbowing him. "he's good."

"poor is more like it. who the hell wears brands from the top to bottom, and even walks out of the house like that?"