Chapter 12: Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

Start from the beginning

"Are you currently writing any new songs?" she said, her voice sounding suddenly secretive. Jimmy shook his head.

"Jumbled up ideas that we have to straighten out soon" I said in explanation. She nodded, slightly disappointed.

"So, what next is there to do in this bloody hotel?" Jimmy whined. Citlali shrugged.

"Maybe there's a pool, I don't know. Or maybe there's a field nearby. I could ask the recepcionist." she offered

"Sounds good. I'll come with you." he said quickly, suddenly smiling. I frowned. She stood and he followed.

Citlali's POV

"Why do you like this city?" he asked as we waited for the elevator. I shrugged in response.

"Never known better, I guess."

"You've never left Canada?" I shook my head

"The things you've missed..." he commented and I sighed

"I've always wanted to go to Europe though." I added

''You could.'' he said without further explanation as we stepped into the elevator. I raised an eyebrow, puzzled, but he just gave me a wicked grin.

''Hello Mr Page.'' the recepcionist said shyly as he towered over her.

''Hello Daisy.'' he winked

''Can I do anything for you?''

''Yes, love. Would you perhaps tell us if there's a pool here? Or a field nearby?''

''We don't have a pool, but there is a field a few streets away.''

"Marvelous." he said, softly elbowing me and winking. Daisy looked jealous.

"Would you happen to have a soccer ball ?" he then asked, drumming his fingers on the desk.

"Let me check." she said, blushing as Jimmy winked again. She disappeared into a back room and he turned his attention to me.

"So, will you be going to Europe soon?" he concluded

"Why would I go to Europe soon? I'd have to find the money, a place to stay..." I rambled on, not understanding his persistence.

"You could ride along with us." he said quietly, and I stopped mid-sentence.

"Here you go Mr Page." Daisy came back and handed him a battered soccer ball.

"Thank you darling" he winked and then wrapped an arm around me, dragging me along.

"W-W-What?" I stammered and shrugged his arm off as we stepped in the elevator.

"You could travel with us. We need to finish the Canadian tour but then it'd back to London. " he said, making it sound so easy.

"I couldn't" I denied

"Think about it." he pressed as we got out.

"No."

"Please." he said, opening the door

"No."

"Come on love."

"Don't call me love, and no. "

"Love love love love love." he said with a smile

"Fine." I broke eye contact and looked around the room. Robert was lying upside down on the couch, his curls attracted to the floor by the force of gravity. Jimmy threw the ball at his stomach. Robert let out a choked protest and opened his eyes.