Quidditch Tryouts

Laurel groaned as someone shook her awake.

"Go away it's the weekend I want to sleep." She said in one sentence.

"But Laurel, it's Quidditch tryouts day!" Laurel recognized Dom's voice. She immediately sat up after the word 'Quidditch'.

"Shoot.." Laurel muttered, her being a cocaptain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. With James. This was going to be awkward, after yesterday. It doesn't matter, this is Quidditch. Laurel thought decisively. Soon, Laurel was dressed in her Quidditch robes, and started heading towards the Great Hall, pulling her hair into a low ponytail.

"Wait! Laurel, listen to me!" Dom grabbed her arm.

"What, Mom?" Laurel jokingly answered.

"James is starting the tryouts early." Laurel's eyes widened. Well that means no time for breakfast.. She sighed.

"Accio Firebolt!" Laurel said, and Dom ducked down as the broom flew towards its rider.

"Come watch us, will you?" Laurel asked Dom, with a grin on her face. Then, she started to run, out of the dormitories, past the Great Hall, through the corridors, and into the courtyard. Laurel mounted her broom and flew up into the air. She breathed in the fresh air and flew to the Quidditch field. Laurel could see the distinctive goal posts, the towers, and stands. Her grin only widened when she saw James in the air, ordering some students around.

Laurel flew up beside him.

"Thought you'd never show up." James laughed, and Laurel rolled her eyes.

"You of all people should know that I don't like mornings, Potter." Laurel informed. James shrugged, and they both looked around the field.

"What've we got this year?" Laurel asked.

"Well, we've got Woods and Hugo in goal, Roxi and Fred as beaters against Thomas and Finnegan, and us now, as Chasers against Lily and Ly. No one else tried out for Seeker except Al. We're obviously going to be chasers, sorry Lils. So is Roxi and Fred. Wood and Hugo are almost dead even. They have their father's talent. I can't decide." James explained. Laurel's eyes narrowed in thought.

"Hm.. I have an idea." Laurel stated, and James perked up. "Let us try and score on them, full on. We'll do best out of three, whoever saves more or shows more determination gets the position." Laurel explained. James nodded.

"Sounds good." James approved. After getting everyone off the field except Wood and Hugo.

"Alright, you two," Laurel yelled. "We can't decide who to pick for Keeper. So, we're going to do this. James and I will try to score on you, and you have to try and save it. You'll each have three tries. Wood, since you're the oldest you go first." James smirked and tossed the Quaffle to Laurel, who caught it and sped towards Wood. Soon, the pair hovered in front of Wood's goals. Laurel passed it to James, who pretended he was about to score, as Laurel flew around the goalpost, low to the ground, then flew up, hard and fast. James saw Laurel coming, and passed it back.

Laurel caught it and shot at the lower left goal, and it went through. Laurel grinned, and saw Rose, Al, Scorpius, Roxi, Fred, Dom, Lily, and Ly cheering from the stands. They were obviously here for Hugo. Wood handed James the Quaffle and James flew towards Hugo, and Laurel turned to start to fly above him. Laurel sped up her broom to hover above Hugo's goals.