At The Burrow

Laurel woke up slowly, sunshine streaming through her bedroom window. She smiled, remembering she would be going to the Weasley household for the third year in a row. Laurel sat up in bed and glanced at her dresser with a mirror attached to it on top. Her short brown hair was messy, as it usually was. She groaned as she got out of her warm, comfy bed and put on her outfit for the day. This consisted of some blue skinny jeans and a burgundy sweater.

Laurel sighed as she brushed her tangled hair, then curled it. She then put on her favorite necklace, a diamond encircled by silver. It was her mother's, but now Laurel lived with her grandparents. They weren't dead, but her parents were Squibs. Her grandparents were obviously wizards, so for efficiency she went to live with them. Laurel remembered how her mom cried when she left. Her grandparents only loved her because she had magic.

The necklace reminded her of the real people who raised her: her parents and friends. Laurel smiled in the mirror, examining herself. Giving her look the 'ok', she went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. After finishing, Laurel grabbed her bag and headed out the door. Her bag was enchanted by Rose Weasley to be bigger on the inside. It carried all her Hogwarts things, her personal stuff, and extra clothes.

Laurel headed down the Zacoba mansion's winding staircase to the kitchen to make a piece of toast. Her grandparents were still asleep, so she left them a note saying where she was, even though she'd been doing this for 3 years. After finishing the toast, Laurel headed over to the fireplace and grabbed a handful of Floo powder from the chamber-pot. She threw the fistful of powder on the ashes.

"The Burrow!" Laurel said confidently as she pictured her second home in her mind. The Zacoba mansion was whisked away as she appeared in the Burrow fireplace. All the Weasley-Potter clan was there, as was tradition. Laurel grinned as a familiar blond ran up to her.

"Laurel!" Dominique Weasley yelled as she threw her arms around her best friend. Laurel could never stop smiling when she was around this girl. Dom smiled at the brunette.

"I've been dying of testosterone, thank Merlin your here." Dom said, linking their arms together and walking upstairs to her room, Laurel saying hi to other Weasley-Potters.

"Oi! That's really offensive, y'know." A certain James Potter stood in front of Dom's door. Laurel and Dom rolled their eyes in sync. He grinned at the two girls.

"Don't tell me you didn't miss me." He said to Laurel. She laughed and playfully punched him in the arm.

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Potter." Dom sidestepped the two and quickly stepped in her room.

"I'll be in here if you lovebirds need anything." She smirked and closed the door. Laurel and James blushed furiously. Laurel quickly opened Dom's door and stepped in.

"By the way, Laurel, Dad's challenged the Gryffindor Quidditch team to match against the old team." James spoke through the closed door. Laurel grinned, never the one to back down from a challenge.

"Tell him it's on." She turned from the door and all the Weasley-Potter girls were in the room. Rose, Lily, Roxanne, Vic, Molly, Lucy, and Dom sat in their respective spots.

"He ask you out yet?" Roxanne said, smirking and stifling a laugh. If looks could kill, Roxanne would be lying dead on the floor. Laurel sat on the bed with Lily and Dom.

"No. No he didn't." Laurel sighed, minorly regretting telling the girls, but she knew she could never hide things from this tight knit family. She lay down on the bed, her legs still in a criss-cross.

"I think he likes you." Lily said optimistically. Laurel smiled at the soon to be first year.

"Don't we all." Dom muttered. Laurel meant to ask her about her comment, but then Fred Weasley stuck his head into the girl's room.

"Hey, Laurel, Roxy, the match is about to start." Laurel grinned and sat up, then jumped off the bed. She walked out of the room, and everyone followed Fred to the backyard. Laurel tied her short hair into a low ponytail. It was more like a poof to be honest.

"Who's going to be Keeper if Aaron's not here?" Roxy asked.

"Hugo, duh. He's probably even better than Aaron." Fred answered his little sister.

The group of kids poured into the large backyard of the Burrow. James, Albus, Harry, Ginny, George, Ron, Bill, Angelina, Hermione, Lily, Hugo, Fleur, Teddy, Victoire, and Percy were already there. It was the old team: Angelina, Ginny, Harry, Ron, George, and Bill against the new team: James, Laurel, Albus, Hugo, Roxanne, and Fred. The makeshift Quidditch stadium that George had built in the backyard with his money from Wheezes was filled with family. It was just the Quidditch poles with two sets of stands on either sides. On one side was the people cheering the old team, other side new.

James handed Laurel her broom and said, "Aunt Angie and my mum have a bet that they'll beat us in shots on goal." Laurel just smirked.

"Yeah right." She mounted her broom and flew into the crisp almost-autumn air, her team right behind her. The old team was already in the sky. Teddy, who was reffing, walked to the center of the field.

"Alright guys, let's have a fair game, I'm betting on you James, don't let me down." The blue haired Gryffindor alumni teased. The box containing the balls was set on the grass and was unlocked. The Bludgers and the Snitch flew away, and Teddy threw the Quaffle into the air. Angie quickly snatched the Quaffle and flew towards the new team's goalpost. Roxy tried to knock her mother off her path with the Bludger, but Angie maneuvered the ball easily. The woman managed to get past James, Laurel, and Fred and took her shot on Hugo.

Angie threw the ball towards Hugo, but was caught by Laurel, and flew towards the old team's goalpost. Overhead, Harry and Albus were scanning the skies for the Snitch.

"Over here!"James called to Laurel, flying ahead of her. Laurel passed the ball to him, just as a Bludger nailed her in the gut.

"Oomph!" Laurel grunted, and spun backwards, staying on her broom. James looked back at her, concern written plainly on his face.

"Go! I'm ok!" The brunette called, and he flew away, as Laurel followed. Ron readied himself for James' shot. James took aim, then passed to Laurel, who appeared next to him and immediately shot it. Ron, not ready, let the ball pass through. Laurel grinned, Dom, Victoire, and Lily cheering from the stands. From then on, the game was back and forth, each team fighting to be ahead.

Fred called out to Albus, "You find the Snitch yet?" Albus rolled his eyes.

"Why don't you try finding the Snitch Freddie?" Albus remarked. Fred scowled. Everyone knew he hated being called that. Suddenly Albus flew away, fast, Harry hot on his trail. Laurel stopped flying to catch her breath, knowing it came down to this moment. When Albus found the Snitch, there was no stopping him.

But Harry was one of the best Seekers ever, and Albus was just a third year. The duo flew hard, vying for the winged ball. Suddenly Albus dropped, Harry still flying fast. He flew over to the new team, a grin on his face. James flew to his younger brother.

"Did you catch it?" James asked. Albus feebly nodded and held out his hand, the golden ball in his palm.

Triumphantly, Teddy called out, "New team wins!" The two teams flew down, Fred cheering loudly, as he bragged to the parents. He carried Albus on his shoulders back into the house, Roxy and Hugo laughing and cheering along with them.

"We're never going to hear the end of this.." Ron muttered to himself as he walked past Laurel, and she laughed softly, worn out from the match. Ginny stood beside Laurel as she laughed to herself.

"Your a great Chaser you know." Ginny remarked. Laurel grinned, this was coming from a retired professional Quidditch player.

"Thanks. Not as good as James, though." Laurel said. Ginny smiled softly, putting her arm across Laurel, leading her into the Burrow.

Outside, Harry muttered something in his eldest son's ear, which made James Potter blush, which you know, this certain Potter never does.