5- Hermione has a new crush

The magical clock on the wall seemed to be ticking louder and louder by the minute. Hermione continued reading, oblivious to the sound. Harry read Quidditch Through the Ages. Again.

He stopped a lot to watch the people in the pictures move and fly, demonstrating tricks Harry wished he was able to do.

"Harry?" Hermione asked. He looked up at her.

"What do you think this means?" She hands him a crumpled up piece of paper, and he takes it in his hand, smoothing it out on top of his book to see it clearly.
"Umm... It's a triangle split in half with a circle? I don't know Hermione you're the one that took this class." He responds,giving the slip of paper back to her. "Where'd you find that anyway?"

"It was crumpled in a ball on my stomach this morning, like someone threw it at me." She shrugs. "Should I toss it in the fire?"

"Yeah," She throws it over her shoulder and it lands perfectly in the fire, burning to black.

Harry looks over at Hermione to see that she is studying his face.

"What?" He asks her but she just shakes her head and gets ready to return to the pages of her book. He panics, wanting her to talk to him instead of reading.

"Hermione?"

"Hmm?"

"What should I do about Ginny?" And at this, she closes the book completely and sets it aside. Inside, Harry grins at his excellent topic choice.

"What do you think you should do?" She asks him, and he thinks about it for a moment.

"I dunno, that's why I asked you," He says and a smile breaks onto her face.

"Well, what did you tell me to do when I said I wasn't sure that Ron and I were right together?"

"I told you that you should just keep dating him a bit longer because maybe the feelings will show up more clear or something like that," Then he scrunches his eyebrows. "Are you telling me that I should keep dating Ginny?"

"No. Because that's not right. I think you should get Ginny to break up with you." She says and Harry nods in understanding.

"How am I going to do that?"

"I don't know... act really clingy." She thinks for a moment. "Maybe if I go Lavender style on Ron he'll break up with me," She says thoughtfully.

Harry's heart gives a leap of joy. So Hermione doesn't like Ron anymore.

She looks at him.

"You never did tell me who that other girl was." She says and Harry's entire body screams you! It's you! But Harry stays quiet. She elbows him and adjusts her feet on his lap. "Come on. You can tell me."

As soon as he looks into her eyes, he feels guilty not telling her. He opens his mouth to speak just as the portrait hole opens up to reveal a annoyed looking Ron.

"I think I'm going to try that clingy thing out." She whispers to him, and he smells her coconut shampoo as she leans in.

"RON! I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Hermione jumps off the couch and tackles Ron in a hug. But Ron doesn't seem fazed by her sudden twist in behavior. He gives her a bear hug and spins her around, and when they stop, Hermione looks genuinely happy. Harry's heart gives a strong twang of hurt, but he tells it to shut up.

You aren't supposed to like her anyways, Harry. He says to himself and fakes a smile as they walk down to eat lunch.

~~~~~

"If you want to keep lying to me, go on ahead." Hermione was saying, propped in another one of the common room chairs by the fire.

"Hermione, you know I'm not lying to you," Harry responds, his feet dangling over the arm of one of the chairs by the fire.

"No, Harry, I know that you aren't telling the truth because you're making sarcastic jazz hands, which s what you always do when you're lying," Harry's heart leaps as he realises that she pays that much attention to him.

"Hermione, why would I lie to you about the girl that I like? I thought we could tell each other anything," He tried to avoid her gaze, because if he held eye contact with her she would be able to sense the truth. He was lying.

"I thought we could too," She sounded sad.

"Then why don't you believe me?"

"Because there's no way that you have a crush on Romilda Vane." She raises her eyebrows and he makes the mistake of meeting her gaze. "Am I right?"

He sighs heavily. "Yes, as usual,"

She grins. "So, who is it?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you,"

"I won't believe you if you lie again," She replies frostily. Harry grins at her sass.

"Hermione. Why do you want to break up with Ron? Do you like someone too?" She shifts uncomfortably in her chair.

"I'm not going to lie to you. Yes, I do."

"Then why don't you tell me who it is?" He asks, knowing her answer.

"Because you won't tell me who you like." She studies him for a moment. "But I have a feeling I know who it is. A strong feeling too."

He feels his face flush at her words. She shrugs and turns back to her book. "Don't worry about it, okay? I'll figure it out, or I'll make you snap. And as soon as that happens, I'll tell you who I like," She gives him one last beautiful, mischievous smile that makes his heart leap, and starts to read.

And Harry sits there like a moron wishing she would smile at him that way again.

Hey guys. Sorry for not updating in a while. But I hope you enjoyed this new chapter!
Skyzone