Chapter [6]

Chapter 6

Icee pushed the thought away. "Maybe Carla just borrowed it from Nicole," she nonchalantly said. "Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm going to return it to her tomorrow."

"Can't you see?" Aaron insisted. "Maybe whoever you saw was the owner of the keychain. Maybe Nicole has something to do with this."

"Oh my god, you should really stop watching horror movies," Icee replied, frustrated by how Aaron was acting. She can't believe that he wanted to pin the assault and the murder to one of their classmates. I mean, they're just high school students.

"You don't get it, don't you Icee? But I can't blame you. You've only been here for what? 3 years? You know nothing about our town. You know nothing about the history of our school. You know nothing about our section's past," he slowly said, as if it would somehow ingrain into the girl's head.

The way he said it made Icee feel chills down her spine. He was right. She doesn't know anything. "Well, I don't have access to any information like you do, smartass," she snarled."

He smirked. "Touché."

Icee shook her head in annoyance and started to walk away when they finally reached their floor. She walked into the direction of Carla's room. She heard Aaron's footsteps following right behind her.

"Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you work with me?" he said.

"What?!" Icee said, irritated.

"I'm trying to help my mom solve this case, you see. But she said that she doesn't have any eyes inside our classroom. She's taking my theory into account," he explained further.

"And you want me to help, why?" Icee curiously asked.

"Because you're the only person in the room that isn't connected to anything. You're the only one not a suspect in this case," Aaron answered like he can't believe that Icee haven't put two and two together yet.

"What? That's insane. What if I was the suspect because I was the new transferred student? What if I have such a big grudge on you people that it became my motive to kill all of you one by one?" Icee contradicted.

Aaron suddenly grinned widely. "See! You're a natural! But I know you aren't the suspect, Icee."

"Why are you so sure about that?"

"Because you don't know anything about our past."

"How's she doing?" Icee asked the woman who looked like the doctor. Her gaze fluttered quickly to Aaron who is behind her and then back to the doctor.

"She's fine. Good thing you called the ambulance quickly or else she'll suffer from serious damages if her injuries weren't treated at once. It was only some bruises and a minor head concussion. She's good. She'll be fully recovered in two weeks of rest," the doctor explained.

"Thank god," Icee said, relieved to hear the good news. The doctor smiled and made her way out of the room to leave the teenagers on their own.

"I wish she'll wake up sooner," Aaron muttered. "I have so many questions to ask. Who's to blame about what happened to her? Have she seen her perpetrator? Why did the suspect pick her?"

"Aaron!" Icee warned.

"What? I'm just curious."

"And here I thought you were concerned about your classmate."