Chapter [4]

Chapter 4

Icee bit her lower lip as she ran her gaze through the police officers.

One of the police officers looked middle-aged, stout and was not in any way intimidating. But the other officer was the complete opposite. He looked as young as them, only he was as intimidating as the strictest instructor you've ever met. But Icee couldn't help but notice that he was too young and kind of cute.

"Good morning class. I have Officer Silva," Ms. Veronica gestured to the middle-aged officer, "and Officer Rey with us. They're just going to go around asking some questions. Please cooperate with them."

Rey, huh.

Harriet stood up. "Can we hear some kind of explanation, Ma'am?"

Aaron smiled crookedly, with one end of his lips tugged upward. He was about to ask the same question to gather some more info about what happened but Harriet has done the job for him.

Ms. Veronica was about to answer her question when Officer Silva, the older officer, raised his hand up to silence whatever Ma'am was going to say and offered to answer the question instead. Ms. Veronica only nodded her head.

"You must have heard it in the news; a student went missing. And it is actually one of your classmates. We're just here to ask questions about what might have happened to her. Is there anyone in the room who just met up with her recently? Who had some kind of contact with her earlier this month?" the officer said.

Nobody in the room dared to speak.

"Don't worry. It doesn't mean that you'd become a suspect once you confess that you met up with the victim. We're just here to ask questions because we already have a person in mind. We're just here to confirm it," Officer Rey stepped forward and explained.

"Who done it?" someone asked from the class. Icee was too nervous to even notice who it was. She didn't why she was such a nervous wreck. She didn't even know this Patricia. But just seeing police officers inside the room with her is getting scary. What if the suspect was one of them? Surely, anyone could have done it.

Aaron raised his hand and Icee's heart skipped a beat. Not in a good way. She thought that Aaron would confess that he met with Patricia the night she went missing. Maybe he was the suspect. Maybe he was dangerous as he could ever be. But only an unnecessary question came out of his mouth. "Can I ask the condition of the body?"

Officer Rey squinted his eyes at Aaron. "No. You don't need to know the details," the police officer answered him sharply.

"Was there even any body found?" he asked, again.

"We're not here to talk about tha—"

Aaron cut him off abruptly, "We're, in fact, talking about that right now."

Officer Rey was about to say something but Officer Silva stopped him. "Now, son. You're too young to ask about that. And we're here to question you, not the other way around," the middle-aged officer said calmly.

"Tsk. I'd rather know the details now than ask my mom," Aaron grumbled under his breath. It suddenly hit Icee.

"Your mom's part of the police force?" Icee asked, amazed.

"Yeah. She'd probably tell me everything later but I want to know everything now."

So that was why Aaron wanted to be a detective. It was somehow connected to his mom's occupation.