Chapter [5]

Chapter 5

"What if Patricia was only kidnapped?" Harriet asked.

Harriet deemed this day as the strangest and weirdest day of her life. They'd never done this before so why were they all here? And why were they following whatever Aaron commanded them? It was something that was out of her routine. She was supposed to be at home right now, reading books, snuggling her soft blanket, drinking hot chocolate. But no, she's still here in this damn classroom, even though class ended an hour ago.

Eff you, Aaron for ruining my night, she grumbled inside her mind.

"She wasn't. Okay, I know this isn't on the t.v. but I've received news from my mom that they've already found the body days ago and they just decided not to air it so it wouldn't cause a commotion," Aaron explained.

What he said only made things worse because some girls suddenly squealed and started crying. Oh yeah, they were Patricia's friends, Harriet thought.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Damn," he muttered under his breath.

"Just get this over with. I wanna go home," Harriet whined.

"Okay, I just need to get some information from you guys. I know, the police had been here hours ago and they've already conducted an investigation. But what if some of you guys had been afraid to speak up about seeing Patricia before she went missing? C'mon."

Nobody spoke after what Aaron said.

"C'mon guys! Speak up!" Aaron tried again but still, nobody would confess.

Agata stood up and walked to the center of the circle, beside Aaron. "You know what? Let's take an oath. Whatever we hear inside the four walls of this classroom, it stays inside the four walls of this classroom. Whatever you heard, when you leave, you leave it right here."

"Good idea, Pres," Aaron told her.

"Pass around this paper so we can seal the oath, alright? Don't worry guys. We're all family here. This class have been through worse yet we stayed together. Whatever secret will be revealed, it won't get out of the classroom. Or else."

Harriet kind of freaked out when she heard those words come out of the Class President's mouth. But it is a genius idea to get these cowards to talk, she thought. And that threat at the end, it's just perfect. Nobody would leak any secrets or else you face the wrath of the Pres!

But something else ticked Harriet off. It wasn't the oath. It wasn't the threat. But what was it?

Oh yes. It was the paper.

Harriet received the paper from Kirk who was seated right next to her. She tried to comprehend the anxious feeling she got when she saw the paper. It was simple, really. It was just a list of all their names, of course, excluding Icee who isn't here, and an empty space beside the name where they put their signature.

Harriet signed the paper with her signature, not minding the consequences she'll receive. I'm a nosey bitch. We are all nosey bitches here, she thought. She passed the paper onto the next student beside her.

"Okay. We all signed the oath. Nothing to be afraid about. If there's anyone who saw Patricia before she died, please stand up and confess. We won't be sending the info to the police. We'd help you because that's what families do, they help each other. And there's no way we'd let you get sent to prison," Agata said calmly.