A New Change

"Dad! I can't take it anymore! All the loud noises and then having to help you clean up a fight from a platypus! A platypus, Dad! How can you expect to take over the Tri-State Area when you can't even beat a platypus!" I screamed.

My Dad was in the middle of his usual fight with his nemesis, Perry the Platypus or sometimes called Agent P.

I'd caught them at a bad time I guess because Perry was about to kick my Dad's butt. Literally.

"Vanessa! Sweetheart! Don't worry! Once I trap Pery the platypus, I will rule the Tri-State Area!" He shouted maniacally.
"I'm going outside..." I fumed and slammed the door.
"Don't be out too late, Sweetie!" He called out. I heard a crashing noise and soon,
"Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"

Every single day. I need some a new change. Something exciting.

"Hey Vanessa!" Oh god. Monty. My ex-boyfriend. I had nothing against him. Actually we were friends and the breakup was quite mutual. We were both just tired of sneaking around our Dads who were 'sworn enemies' or something.

"Uh hey, Monty." I replied.
"How've you been?" He asked.
"I've been good actually." I said.
"Wanna get some coffee with me?"
"You're not trying to get back together are you?"
"Oh no, no. Don't worry. This is just a friendly meetup. You know, sorta nostalgic like how we first met."

Oh yea I remember. I saw him at a coffee shop and I guess that's where we began.

"Besides, I've got a girlfriend now. Abby Sweetwater. Have you heard of her?"
"Yea, she's a cheerleader, right? Wow, going from a goth to a cheerleader. Nice." I laughed as we walked towards the coffee shop.
"Hehe yea I guess. So what have you been up to?" He asked, holding the door open for me.

If there was one thing I missed about Monty, it would be his chivalry. Ok and also that he was great at conversation. And that he was dependable.

Ok so I might still like him. I mean if it wasn't for our Dads, we probably would've stayed together.

"Oh you know, same old, same old."
"Guess your Dad is still making 'evil inators' and Perry is fighting him still?"
"Yea. I'm trying to find something new and exciting outside of my normal routine. Any ideas?"
"You could always join O.W.C.A" He suggested.
"Monty Monogram. Do I look like a platypus to you?" I joked. He laughed and shook his head.

"Vanessa! Hey!" I turned my head and saw Candace Flynn. She was one of my few friends that wasn't goth. She was really interesting actually.

She was wearing her usual red top and white skirt outfit that I usually saw her wearing. She came over with some tall blond guy that looked our age.

"Hey Vanessa! Hope I'm not ruining anything." She said, looking at Monty.
"Oh no you weren't. Um Candace, this is my...friend, Monty." I introduced. I decided to leave out the part about him being my ex. Candace liked to talk about boys, one thing I didn't like about her.
"Hello!" She said, holding out her hand. Monty smiled and shook it. "This is my boyfriend, Jeremy! Isn't he just the cutest?" She gushed and he smiled.

Most guys would've been embarrassed but he looked like he wouldn't have wanted anything less. Guess they're a match made in heaven.

"Hey." I said. "So what are you doing here?" I asked
Candace's face fell. "Jeremy is treating me out but I can't stop stressing over what my brothers are doing!" She said, clenching her fists.
"Oh I forgot. Obsession with busting. Got you." I said.

Candace looked really torn. I could tell she wanted to enjoy her time with Jeremy but then again, she's been waiting for years to bust her brothers for their cool inventions. I've heard about her brothers but I've never actually met them.