8-Don't Blame Me

Prompt- "I trusted you" "Well then you can't exactly blame me can you? It was your mistake."

Tied to the chair, my arms covered in bruises and my knuckles bleeding. The room had one shining light. It felt like my head was under water, I was drugged and I knew it.

"Why did you do this?"

"Because I felt like it. Also, I said to kill her, not hurt her." Marie's hand left a sting on my left cheek when she hit it with the back of her hand.

Marie went behind the drugstore counter and pulled out a gun and some type of illegal drug she had found while traveling in this never ending hell. The hell that the earth is now, what with all of the mutants. And no, not Marvel mutants or X-Men mutants, actual mutants born from the sun and the moon. The rocks and the sea. Born from the fire and all of nature. They were attacking, and the only way to stay alive was to kill. 

But don't kill the mutants. Kill the people around them. I was about to die, and there was no way I could stop it. Not even if someone came and shot Marie would I be safe. The person who shot her would end up killing me anyways. 

"I trusted you!"

"Well then you can't exactly blame me can you? It was your mistake." She murmured while she loaded both the gun and a shot to inject the medicine.

Her bronze eyes shined bright in the light little light that was in the tiny room. A drugstore is not the best place to commit murder, although I guess it isn't considered murder if there is no government. Marie's long dirty blonde hair was up high in a ponytail. 

The coat bestowed upon her shoulders was leather, and also caked in dirt. "So, Jessica. You can take it the easy way," she said, holding up the drugs "or the hard way." she said, holding up the gun to my head.

She placed the shot next to my neck and placed the gun on my forehead.

"Neither."I shivered.

"Both then." And before she shot the gun and injected the medication, she said one thing to me.

"The treatment wasn't working."