Chapter 4 - Awkward

Start from the beginning

I soon realize as I head towards Niall's, that my feet were practically frozen, so I start walking faster.

I turn my coat collar up against my neck to keep the falling snow from going down my shirt and to trap the little heat I had left.

I look down at my feet to keep myself entertained, counting the steps to keep myself distracted from the cold biting at my ears, nose, fingers, and feet. And basically, my whole body.

I almost lose myself in the counting, because before I can even register what happened, someone bumps into me, setting me off, "Where the fuck do you look? At the damn sky or what? Watch where you're going!"

I think I scared the poor boy. He looks at a girl full of piercings with dyed orange hair who looks at the extremely familiar girl next to her and raises his eyebrows at both of them.

Then the wild looking girl opens her mouth and asks, "That's him, isn't it?"

The girl nods and looks away from me.

"'Him?' What am I, some freak?" the anger bursts out again.

The three all look taken aback, and I shut my mouth and scold myself again, before opening my mouth again and mumbling, "Sorry."

The wild girl gets all up in my face, "Well you damn well should be! Do you--" the other girl throws her arms over the wild little lady and pulls her away from me.

"You're...firey," I say, smirking at the wild girl.

"You know I am!" she struggles against the other girl's grip. She whips her head around and says, "Kaylee, I got this. Just put me down and I'll go all--"

Kaylee, that was quite a beautiful name. And now I knew it and I liked it.

The boy throws his hand over her mouth.

It was quite the scene.

"Avery, shut up. Let's just go." he says.

"Look guys, I'm sorry. In case you haven't noticed, I kind of have anger management issues?" I question myself.

Avery mumbles through the the boy's hand, "I've noticed. In case you haven't noticed, that was very rude of you to go all asshole-ish on me."

"Avery..." the boy mumbles.

"Chance, I got this." Avery says. Chance removes his hand from her mouth, but Kaylee still holds a tight grip on the little lady. Avery jabs a finger in my face, "Listen you, this girl over here," she jabs a finger at Kaylee. "is my freaking best friend. You mess with her, you mess with me. And believe me, even though I don't have, 'anger management issues', I will still get all up in your face. You hear me?" she finishes, with an even more wild look on her face.

"Well, you look, you wild little lady," I stop. Did I really just say that?

"What did you just call me?" Avery snaps.

"Wild little lady," I say again with a huge smirk on my face.

She struggles against Kaylee's grip again, "That's it. I'm going to--"

Chance interrupts, "Avery, why don't we go grab some food or something? Give them some...privacy." he mumbles.

"You should listen to him," I say to Avery.

She glares so hard, but then quickly says, "C'mon Chance, I'm leaving," then she tugs on his hand and pulls him away.

Chance sends an apologetic glance back over his shoulder to Kaylee.

I shove my hands back into my jeans' pockets and awkwardly glance around.

"So..." I trail off, not knowing what to say next.

She nods and looks around.

"You're not much of words," I continue awkwardly.

She pulls out the same pad and a pen and writes: I already told you why.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" I say harshly, before remembering my situation and shutting up once again.

I look up at her and wonder why she hadn't already taken off like she did last time.

She tilts her head at me and raises both her eyebrows.

"What?" I ask.

She sighs and writes: Are we going somewhere or are we just going to stand here in the cold and be awkward people?

I laugh. She had a good humor in her.

"Alright," I say, the tips of mouth curving into a small smile. "I might know somewhere we can go."

~A/N: Was that some crazy awkward meeting/greeting or what? The first half was written by our lovely, @IBelongWithTheBrits, and then I wrote the second half. :) Hopefully the next chapter will be out, like, way faster than this one did. Anyways, please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW!

~Forever_Yours_Too