Chapter 2: Special Koolaid

Kurt pulled up to an apartment building similar to mine. "We're here!" he says. We both get out of the car and he leads me up to the door, opening it for me. I walk in and wait for Kurt to take the lead so I know which apartment to head too. Kurt walks up the stairs, I follow, and we walk into the apartment to the right.

As soon as I enter, I immediately smell cigarettes and weed. The air is smoky and there's about fifteen people in this place, at the most. Not a huge party, but a decent amount of people.

In the living room, there's two old rough couches and a coffee table around a box TV. There's six people filling the seats of the couches. They're sitting around, each holding a red solo cup in their hand, drunkenly talking to each other. The box tv is on but the volume is off. An old stereo system sits in the corner of the room and it's playing some rock music that I've never heard of.

We walk into the dining room to find Krist, Dave, and two chicks playing beer pong on a scratched up rectangular dinner table. There's other people standing around cheering them on as they play or just talking in groups.

"I can dig this." I say to Kurt with a laugh.

He laughs too. "So you like to party?"

"Yeah, a little bit." I giggle and grin.

"Come on. Let's get a drink." Kurt takes my hand gently and pulls me into the kitchen.

There's a big ass bowl of what looks like red koolaid sitting on the counter. It's like a punch bowl they would use at high school dances. "It's spiked with Everclear." Kurt told me. "It tastes just like koolaid but it gets you really fucked up, so take it slow."

I pour some of the magical Everclear spiked koolaid into my own red solo cup and so does Kurt. I take a sip and I can barely taste the alcohol. It tastes like a bitter koolaid. We head back into the dining room area where the beer pong is taking place.

"Hey! Kate is here!" Dave yelled when we joined the circle at the table.

Krist was about to throw his ping pong ball but he stopped and ran towards me along with the chick he was with. "Hey Kate. This is my girlfriend Shelli." He introduces us. Shelli has short dark hair and a big smile like Daves. She is a lot shorter compared to Krist but he's taller than everyone here.

"Nice to meet you." I smile and shake hands with her.

"Are you guys ready to go against Krist and I as soon as we beat Daves ass at beer pong?" She said with a smirk.

"Hey! I'm doing good so far!" Dave yells back. We all laugh.

Kurt speaks up. "I'm not really up for it right now." He turns to me. "Unless you wanna play?"

"Ah, I'm not really up for it either." I confess. Don't get me wrong, I love beer pong and drunk party games as much as the next person. Maybe if I get a few more drinks in me I'll be down to play.

"Sorry Shell." Kurt apologizes.

"That's okay. More fun for us!" She runs back to her end of the table.

"Kurt, there's some weed in the living room if ya wanna have Tommy roll ya one." Krist said, patting his buddies back before running to the table with his girlfriend.

I laughed a little. They're kind of cute together. She's short, he's tall. They love getting wasted together and playing party games. And they look so happy. I love seeing people happy.

"So, wanna go smoke a joint?" Kurt asked awkwardly, as if I'd say no.

"Hell yeah, man." I smile.