Chapter 3

I woke up to see a bowl of oatmeal in front of me. I kicked it and sent the bowl flying, oatmeal splattering all over my padded cell.

"Well, looks like someone's awake." A voice said over the speakers.

I growled and stood up. There had to be something I could use to break out of here. My eyes scanned the walls, looking for the seams that would indicate where the hidden door was. I found it in under a minute. The door was to my left, and a smaller looking door was to my right. That must be the electrical box.

I looked around for something metal, but realized the only thing that would work is the mattress springs.

The days dragged on and I kept refusing the food I was offered, only taking occasional sips of water. Each day I would lay on the bed, seeming to be asleep to the cameras, but I was really scratching at the mattress.

This is going to take forever, I thought.

A week passed by and I was able to start seeing the springs. They'll pop out if I just jump on the bed and pretend to be a normal 8 year old. I started eating the food to keep my energy up, and after just 5 minutes of jumping, three springs popped out of the bed.

I was served oatmeal every morning, so I splattered it all over the hidden cameras. I worked at the door of the electrical box and it opened. I used the springs to mess with the electrical wires.

The cameras went out.

I kept working, knowing my time was limited.

Everything went out.

The emergency power kicked in, but not before I could slide through the automatic door and out of my cell.

I raced down the hallways until I found my trusty pocket knife. I wandered around for a bit, and then I knocked out the security guard and took his pistol.

I ran out the doors of the mental hospital and into the city. Finally.

Freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Another short chapter, and its been more than a month since I've updated this book! Holy crap! Anyways, let me know your opinion on the book. Read on, Dragon Riders!

~Dani