Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ariel's Point of View

The next morning, my eyes fluttered open, and I looked around the room lit by the bright, rising sun. I rolled over and then sat up so that my legs dangled over the cold, wood floor. Slowly, I cracked nearly every bone in my body as I stood up.

I listened to the clicking sounds that I had become accustomed to hearing every single morning. First, my toes cracked, then the bones in my feet and my ankles. Then, my hips cracked with a loud "Click!" as I slowly lifted each leg. My knuckles. Click! Click! My wrists. Click! My shoulders. Click! And then finally, my neck. Click! Click! I sighed with relief as I collapsed onto my bed again.

"Okay, that was disgusting. But, at the same time, it was kind of cool." A voice from the other side of the room startled me. I jumped out of bed with a loud gasp. I still wasn't used to having a roommate.

"Julie, you gave me a heart attack!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry, Bone Bitch. But if we want to get to class on time we should probably get moving." she advised. I shook my head.

I took a quick shower before changing into my pink tights and purple leotard, the designated color for girls in their first year of the school. Then, I combed my hair and put it in a neat, tight bun on top of my head and grabbed my bag.

"Wait! Aren't you going to wait for me so we can walk to class together?" Julie asked.

"I'm only waiting for thirty more seconds, so I suggest you get yourself together." I said quite coldly. Well, I wasn't going to stand there forever. She ran out the door with an energy bar in her mouth, while she did her hair in the messiest bun I had ever seen someone wear to ballet class.

"So, do you do that weird click thing every morning?" she asked me as we walked towards the school. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I guess that's what happens when you take at least three hours of ballet six or seven days every week from the age of three." I laughed. She looked quite shocked.

"I'm not kidding, I dance every day for hours. Exams are only seventy five days away and I want a scholarship." I said, she only stared at the building this time.

"Anyway, this year is going to be great. I can just tell already." I said, smiling.

***

Harry's Point of View

I slowly opened my eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the bright rays of light entering the room through the blinds. I remembered where I was and smiled, feeling the need to pinch myself. This was a dream come true. I had a feeling the fact that I had gotten into my dream school would never fully sink in.

"Why are you so happy, squirt?" Niall said in his thick Irish accent from the other side of the room. I cringed at his choice in nicknames for me.

"Just thinking," I answered quietly as I placed my glasses on my face.

"Is it about a girl?" Niall questioned. "You do like girls, right?" he called back with a snort. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I do like girls. Just no girl in particular yet." I answered.

"I can give you some advice, since it's your first day," Niall offered. "I mean if you want me to, that is," he added once he saw my shocked expression. I nodded, attempting to suppress the grin playing on my features. He had actually been quite nice to offer his help, especially to a guy like me.

"Well, first of all, have at least a little confidence in yourself. I was in the building, and I decided to watch your audition the other day, to see how good you actually are. To be honest, your technique isn't that bad. Just show some confidence. Even if you have no idea what you're doing, just make it look like you do, and you'll be fine." I was taken aback after hearing this. He watched my audition, gave me advice, and even complimented my dancing. A compliment from someone like Niall is gold.