Talk to him. 'Cause that would go really well.

I imagined it in my head.

I would be standing facing him, his soft hair peeking out beneath one of those beanies he always had on. He would probably wear some dark colored shirt so the green of his eyes would seem more vibrant, or some crap like that. His legs would be hidden beneath a pair of skinny jeans, his feet hidden under a pair of scruffy shoes.

I would stare at him while he talked. I wouldn't say a word because I'd be too captivated by his presence. I hadn't laid eyes on him for more than two weeks.

Then he'd stop talking and stare at me intently, like he was waiting for me to say something but I wouldn't able to move my lips.

His gaze would soften and he'd step closer to me and place a hand on my cheek. I would close my eyes, feeling his hand warm up my skin, and he would lean in closer until I could feel his breath against my skin.

When my heart starts racing and my cheeks flush, he'll lean in and kiss me the way he always used to. Gentle pecks, a tug at my lower lip, before he presses his lips harder against mine so I lose all senses but the feeling of him.

"Breakfast is ready."

My mother's voice called me back to reality, and I shook my thoughts away before moving to follow her to the dining room.

"Have you seen the snow outside?" She tried starting a conversation.

"Yeah," I said.

"Maybe we can build a snowman."

I frowned. "Isn't it too cold for you to go outside?"

She waved me off. "I'll be fine."

"I don't really feel like it."

She gave me one of those hard, stern looks of hers. "You haven't left this house for two full weeks."

"Mom, I really don't feel like it."

"Fine," she said. "Just do something productive today, please? You're worrying me, and your father."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll come up with something to do."

"Remember, we have a pool. I can get someone to warm up the water for you."

I had forgotten about the indoor pool.

"Okay," I said. "That would be nice, thank you."

After breakfast, I wandered back to my bedroom and flopped down on my sheets. I pulled out my laptop and plugged in my earphones.

I didn't know when it happened, but at some point I began listening to country music. I found the same song Ian played the last night we spent together. I stumbled upon it and listened to it a few times, but I had to stop because it hurt too much.

Just thinking about it made me feel like crap, so I changed the music to something else.

Besides, Country was never my thing.

I stared up at the ceiling of my room, my eyes observing the intricate design engraved on the chandelier.

Someone opened the door to my room a few minutes later. I sat up, pulling the earbuds out of my ears.

"The pool's all warmed up," my mother said.

"Okay," I said, "I'll be there in a few."

"I'm going to rest in my room if you need anything."

I nodded and watched her shut the door behind her.

I climbed out of bed and pulled my pants off before slipping on my swimming trunks. Grabbing a pair of slippers and a towel, I finally left my room.