Stuck In An Elevator With Zayn

The elevator door was just about to close until someone placed their foot between the doors; causing the doors to open. You make eye contact with that stranger and he looks oddly familiar. As he steps into the room, you take in his gorgeous features. Dark tussled hair, large eyes which were kept warm by his long eye lashes, his high cheekbones and kind smile really caught you off guard. While taking in his beauty, he looks over at you and begins to apologies.

            “Sorry about that.” His voice was like silk.

You snap out of checking him out, “D-don’t even worry about it.”

            The elevator begins to slowly reel down and silence was filling up the little room. You sneak a glance over at this guy. He was looking at his large, worn out sneakers. You bite your lower lip and look down at your reading book which was held in your hands.

The stranger breaks the ice, “That’s one of my all-time favorite books.        

            Looking back over at him you smile, “Really?”

            “Really.”

            “Not many people know about this author. I think her work is amazing. The way she—” your sentence was cut off by the stranger.

            “Captures the reader’s attention with just a few words? I know. That talent of hers is absolutely incredible.” He nods his head and lifts up the corners of his perfectly shaped mouth.

You smile and look back down to gaze at the cover of the novel. “Did you know she paints, too?”

            “Oh God, yes,” his smile grows into a wide grin, “she sketches and paints.”

            “My favorite painting of hers is this one.” You take out your IPhone and flip it over to reveal your case. The painting was of a couple facing a beautiful landscape filled with flowers of different colors as the large blue blanket above them hugged the world. “I just love the vibe it brings.” You end your comment looking back up into his eyes.

            He leans over to view your case, “I actually know where that specific spot is.”

Your heart lifted after hearing that. You laugh, “What? No way.”

            “I swear! I live right next to that area.”

            You laugh to yourself, still amazed at the fact this guy knows your favorite author and actually knows information on her paintings as well. You lean against the elevator door, still looking up into the stranger’s eyes.

            “I’m Zayn, by the way.” He reaches out his hand for you to shake.

            Taking it, you reply, “(Y/N).” His hand was large yet delicate at the same time.

At that very moment, the elevator jerked at a sudden stop, causing the lights to flicker. You gasp, suddenly filled with fear and all the ways of dying. You come to the fact that you watch way to many horror movies. The stranger steps forward towards the button panel that is against the wall, and starts to press the red emergency button. Pressing it repeatedly, you stop him saying that it might jam up. Silence fell over the room as you two realized that the elevator is indeed stuck. What was worse is that the ‘no signal’ sign popped up on your phones. You slid down to the floor and pull in your knees to your chest, head resting against the wall of the elevator. Next to you sat the stranger whose legs were stretched out fully.

            “So,” you start, “what do we do now?” after those words left your mouth you realized how odd that sounds. You hoped to God that the stranger wasn’t getting the wrong signal.

            “I mean, we could make out to pass the time?” he replied casually.

Your eyes shoot wide open as you faced Zayn.

            Cracking a smile, he chuckles, “I’m kidding.” You are instantly relived and join him in laughter. At least he has humor? You think to yourself.

            “Actually, no I’m not.” Catching you by complete surprise, Zayn cups your face with his hands and presses his lips against yours.

            You place your hands on his chest, putting your effort into shoving him away but you slowly dropped the strength in your arms as Zayn depend the kiss. You aren’t quite sure why you are letting a complete stranger kiss you but there was something magical about this moment. Things like this only occur in movies or in stories. You find your hands creeping up his chest and around his neck. Your body position was changed into facing his direction. With your lips still attached with his, Zayn managed to pull you over by the waist; setting you on his lap. You trace his lips with your tongue and you feel his lips curve into a smile.

            “Whoa, (Y/N).” he comments.

            You pull back and look into his eyes once more.

            “You’re pretty amazing.”

“I guess I can say the same about you.” you arch an eyebrow.