Basic Difficulties

A large gong sounded, gaining the attention of the ears that would listen. Lining up the toudans, you began pacing in front of them strongly, although shorter than them all.

"Alright, men!" You stomped a foot to emphasize your enthusiasm. "Duties for today: Two on stable duty will be Yamabushi Kunihiro and Yamatonokami Yasusada!" You could hear sighs of relief and silent curses. "Two that are doing field work are Yamanbagiri Kunihiro and Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki." Without knowing, a distant sleeve of navy fabric was slowly waving to catch your attention. "And those sparring are Izuminokami Kanesada and Shokudaikiri Mitsutada--that is all! I'm counting on you guys!"

A small gust of wind kept hitting your face as you finally turned to see a sleeve--now waving directly in front of you. You looked straight at him, but he continued to wave innocently with a plain smile on his face. With a hard sigh, you spoke up.

"Yes, Mikazuki-kun."

"Ah, well." His eyes wandered around as he watched everyone pace to different locations. "I was wondering if you would inform me of these "duties"."

There he goes, sounding like an old-timer with his words.

"Alright Jiji, I have something much larger in store for you," You ushered him to follow. 

Walking back to the sleeping quarters, you revealed a casual jinbei from the closet and pushed it towards him. But the old sword only stared at it, then back to you. You continued this staring contest for some time, until your face got red from the prolonged eye contact. "What's the matter, take it and put it on--"

"That seems to be the matter." He replied plainly, eyes slightly widened with an honest look. You stared at him bewildered. "Fashion is not one of my strong points. I always need to ask other people for help in dressing." With such an intricate get up he had on, it amazed you he had no idea of how it worked.p

"Well...you put your head through this--and then your arm--" Heat fumed from the top of your head as you dumbly explained how clothes worked to the innocently blinking male. The way his eyes hovered on your sights without attention made you snap your fingers angrily. It finally looked like you gained his smiling concentration. "You are listening, right?" You said through gritted teeth. He laughed.

"Ha ha ha! Forgive me, I was a bit dazed after you said "through"." Feeling faint, you rubbed your face in frustration, only to look back up to the free smiling sword. His indigo hair gently swept over his forehead as he attempted to take off his headpiece--somehow getting nowhere.

You huffed and stomped towards him as he slightly tilted  back from your sudden closeness. Why was he so adorable--you would not expect such a dork in such a beautiful statued being, even if he was an inanimate object brought to life. Such a graceful, beautiful jerk--

"Master, it seems that there are plentiful eyes watching us." Mikazuki whispered with a handsome smile, two inches away from your own face. In unison, both eyes looked towards the sliding door in which three small boys accidentally tumbled through.

Gokotai, Imanotsurugi, and Midare Toushirou.

Profusely apologizing, they all ran out whimpering and giggling. You made a mental note to speak to them later about it as an annoyed huff left your mouth.

"What lively children, ha ha ha h--!" Before another laugh could emit, you clamped his lips down with your fingers. Damn, why were his lips so soft! The tachi looked back in slight puzzlement but still smiled when you let got of his pillowy mouth. "What a strange woman..."

"I will not waste my whole damn morning on you." You muttered under your breath, standing on your toes to reach the decorative headpiece from his midnight locks. It was peculiar how your fingertips shook so nervously while reaching for the accessory. One by one, you undressed him--taking off his chest-plate and armour first. "How many layers do you even have on?!"

"As many that would protect me from the elements--"

"Blah blah, okay!" The blush on your cheeks were too prominent to the absent minded sword. Why was this happening to you, out of all people! One by one, you stripped many heavy layers off the tall male, gaining only the usual smile from his handsome features. It was now down to his last layer, where his bare chest would be revealed if you were to go any further. But you needed to. Damn this man.

How could his muscles be so perfect too? You stared heavily at his open chest as you took off the last layer, hurriedly trying to grab the pearly sweater. It was pretty obvious your cheeks were pure crimson by now, eyes wider than dinner plates. Mikazuki on the other hand looked somewhat amused, with eyes calmer than the summer oceans. Your lips formed a tight line. He stood perfectly still with his lean muscles relaxed, and open for your sights.

"O-okay, so this sweater...you need to put over your head--" You threw the cloth over indigo locks and forced the sleeves on his being, inevitably touching his skin. With your occasional touches, you could see his smile grow wider than usual, so he let out a laugh. Startled, you leaped back. He seemed to make you awfully tense for most of the time. In exchange, he grabbed your wrist before you could further escape, firmly planting your palm onto his toned chest so you could feel his friendly body. Pervert!

"Ah ha ha! It's okay, it's okay. You can touch me." Mikazuki took no notice to your flustered features as his focus met elsewhere. He was actually trying to pull down his sweater in his other hand with the speed of a tortoise, which made you sweat in disappointment.

With the sweater on, you paid no attention to his pants. That was a whole other level you did not want to go on (y̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶.̶). Lastly, were the blue strings on the jinbei's shirt. The sword was so incompetent with fashion to the point a knot was unheard of. More and more time with Jiji began to lower your expectations of him. He was a mere trophy sword, there to look pretty.

"Very nice," Mikazuki slowly bowed, "Thank you."

"Yeah yeah--" You muttered bitterly to yourself, "Don't hassle yourself too hard, Jiji. You might get a heart attack."