Chapter 49

Chapter 49

*Saturday, 2nd July*

Red was the colour she saw. The colour that resembled Heather's hair, as well as the colour that seeped past many wolves' fur, their wounds becoming scars. It was destroy or be destroyed; kill or be killed. Ara tried not to think about it, she left her mind behind and let the true wolf instinct inside take over. If she thought, she'd be distracted, and if she's distracted for just one moment, she could be destroyed. 

Carlos' jaw hinged around her shoulder on almost immediate contact, her throat howling into the open air. Blood began to seep through and Carlos was hungry for it. He was hungry to drain the poor, beautiful girl dead. 

But Ara fought with all of her might, forgetting to think and just do, a piece of advice Xander had given her. Don't think, just do. People underestimated nike and the catchy slogan of 'Just Do It'. Mostly because they forgot to add the 'don't think' part, which further motivates someone into just doing something, like take that five mile jog, or do another five minutes of jump roping, or push a terrifyingly old wolf off your shoulder. 

"Bastard...you are a bastard." Ara growled. 

"My parents were in fact married when they had me, thank you very much." Carlos said, and in other circumstances, Ara would've laughed if it had been an old joke between two old friends, but they were enemies and this was war. 

"How would your mother feel, knowing you were now a power-hungry sad-excuse for a werewolf?" She taunted, and began circling him once again, trying to read the movements and shifts of his muscles as he moved around her, checking to see any signs of hesitation before he would launch himself to her.

Carlos' eyes grew bright, but not as bright as the amulet around her neck. What was she to do with it? Destroy that first or kill Carlos? Kill Carlos then destroy it? Escape Carlos then destroy it? Her options were limited, yet scurried over a wide variety of range. If she kept him alive, there would be the biggest chance he would come back...and he couldn't come back. Not on Ara's watch. 

"She'd want me to rip the flesh of your neck, and feed your remains to the rest of my pack as well as your family." He growled in response, the question taking him to the highest level of sensitivity. 

Ara's paw reached to scratch him swiftly along his dark cheek, crimson coloured blood seaping through, slowly at first, then all at once. It stained his dark, fur coat, and deminished his every pride. Ara hoped the scar would remain there forever, so even if he were to live, permanent damage still would have been done in some sort of way. 

"How dare you touch me!' Carlos barked, "How dare you think you have such a right!" 

And then he snapped forward, making Ara yelp back in ultimate surprise, trying to not let the fear supress her, the thoughts and anxiety clouding her mind needed to be parted away. If she thought, she'd get distracted, and that could lead to a very sudden death. 

"You're a disgusting coward. I will kill you, even if it's the last thing I do." Ara growled. 

"Then go ahead." With a throaty roar of power, Ara launched herself and tackled Carlos' sturdy build to the ground, knocking his head against the dirt on the ground, grinding his back sore into it. The attack knocked the breath out of her as well, her wolfy eyes widening at her actions, the faltering moment giving Carlos a chance to flip her onto her back, reminding her of a position that made her sick to the stomach. 

No. He wasn't to do that again to her. She wouldn't allow it. 

"It's ironic, to see you once again, lying beneath me. I wished it was under better circumstances." He sauntered lowly, the smell of his breath made Ara want to throw up repeatedly, it was as if she could practically taste the blood of others still dripping from his tongue. 

But nonetheless, the words were a motivation and she pushed up, tumbling the both of them around as she tries to strike her paw against him. 

"I...I won't let you...I won't let you live!" She growled once more, using all the strength in her to crane her neck and bite into his throat, feeling her shoulders bleed as he tries to rip her off him, his throat burning as her teeth latch themselves, releasing spills of blood. A gory sight. Ara felt too much of a rush to feel even disgusted at the sight. 

This had to end here. This had to end now. 

Ara heard nothing but silence fill the air. That was when she stood still. And that's when she made her final howl. 

**********

A/N: YAY SHORT CHAPTER BC NEXT CHAPTER IS LITERALLY THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK HOLY FUCKBALLLLLLLS.