Chapter Eight

"Ma'am, we don't think your son will be found anytime soon." The young police officer said, smiling sympathetically at the missing boy's mother. "He's been missing for two months, there's no telling if he'll be found in a few more months, or a few more years. We haven't even gathered any leads as to who would possibly kidnap him. We have no evidence that he was kidnapped, and nothing of the sort." Kayla glared at the police officer as Sandra's eyes watered. The police officer quickly got the hint and left the two women alone.

"They may not be sure that he'll be found, but I am. And even if he isn't, he'll still be alive in our hearts." The older woman nodded, thankful for her son's friend. She had comforted her all throughout the time that Frankie had been missing. They were both starting to think that he was dead, but none of them would admit that to the other.

[∆∆∆]

"I remember this one time - I was at the mental asylum - one of the doctors there turned into a patient. He had major anger problems and would lash out on anybody. One of the doctors admitted him into the facility and the others agreed with their decision." Mitch let out a hollow laugh, no emotion actually showing on his face. "What the idiots forgot was that he was a doctor there, and knew the passwords for everything. He got out of there within a couple of days." Frankie nodded, not bothering to ask about what had happened to the doctor once he managed to get out of the asylum.

Mitch didn't bother the younger lad as often as he used to. Now that Frankie had his strength built up and wasn't afraid to defend himself, he would throw punches back at Mitch. They would still fight at random times, but they got along well.

"Hey, what would be the first thing you would do if we were to ever get out of here?" The man with scars on his face asked. Frankie wasn't surprised by his random questions, as he had started to get curious as well. They would ask the other questions normally and the other would answer.

"I guess . . ." he trailed off, not sure of what he would do if he had ever gotten free. "I guess I woul- actually . . . I don't know." Frankie furrowed his brows, his mind not being able to grasp the bit of information.

Surly, the first thing I would want to do would be to see Kayla and my mum. He thought, but he wasn't entirely sure of his answer. And for that reason he kept his mouth shut, although all he wanted to do was scream. He wanted to tell the world that he wouldn't want to leave. The padded white place had grown on him, and he felt that he could be himself in the small space. He felt that he was safe with a psychopathic man in the same room as him.

Mitch didn't bother him.

Frankie felt that if he were to be set free, he wouldn't know what to do because he wouldn't want to have been set free.

[¶]