Chapter Five

The bruised boy soon realized that Mitch would continue to hit him. So he tried to defend himself. That may not have turned out well the first couple of times; since he only ended up hitting himself in the process of trying to do so, but it certainly built up his strength. Frankie, one of the lankiest boys in his school, started exercising. Even though he knew that he would never truly be able to be stronger than Mitch himself, he wanted to be strong enough to defend himself.

"Mitch, I swear, if you don't let go -" The boy's threat was cut short when Mitch let out a chuckle and aimed a punch at Frankie's face. But he didn't get to hit him for Frankie raised his own hand and blocked the punch. The brown eyed boy didn't like violence, and he had once vowed to never be violent, but he had to be so that he could defend himself.

Frankie proceeded to elbow Mitch in his ribs, causing the older man to loose his footing. He didn't want to cause the man in black any real harm, so he quickly moved his hand to the man's temples and pressed down with his fingers. He had once read that it was an effective way to make someone pass out. When Frankie had first read it he had wanted nothing to do with it, but then he witnessed someone do just that in a fight - so he knew for a fact that it did work, and it wasn't false. To Frankie, this didn't count as violence since he was doing no real harm.

After seeing that Mitch was no longer conscious, he got off of the older man. Frankie had wanted to take off the mysterious man's hood so that he could get a view of his face, but quickly restrained himself from doing so. Instead, he grabbed his hand and dragged Mitch back to his bed, where he laid him so that he wouldn't be laying on the padded floor. Frankie then walked back to his own bed and sat down, staring off into space.

[∆∆∆]

"The cameras on the streets show nothing that leads to Frankie's possible kidnapping. There is however, a broken camera on one street. It is very possible that he could've got taken there." A woman's voice monotonously over the phone. Sandra's eyes started to water and the news that her son was very likely kidnapped. She had put the phone on speaker so that Kayla too could hear what the police officer had to say.

"Okay, thank you ma'am. Please call us back if you find anything else." Kayla spoke quietly into the phone before hanging up. The girl embraced her friend's mum in a warm hug as the older lady cried.

"Sandra, Frankie's going to be fine." The green eyed girl cooed, still unsure about the words she uttered. She knew that Frankie couldn't defend himself, so there was a very little chance of her friend being 'fine'.

And because of that, she continued to embrace the kidnapped boy's mum. His mum knew that her son wasn't the strongest, and she partly blamed that on her husband's absence in his son's life. John had passed away after a man at work brought a gun to their workplace. While the loyal worker tried to stop the armed man, he ended up getting shot and thereafter bleeding to death.

So the two women sat there, silently praying that Frankie would be alive when he was found.

[¶]