"I was about really to call the police or something!" William continued to yell. "I tried Brendon's phone but got nowhere. I went through hell trying to get your number and then when all I got was more nothing, I-"

"What do you want?" Ryan cut him off with his own annoyed frustration.

"Where the hell are you?" Bill asked, voice softer but still just as angered.

"I thought Brendon left you a note?" Ryan answered, looking back to the man curled up asleep on the blanket. '

"Brendon's note," Ryan imagined William making air quotes, "Only said that you guys were going out and not to expect you back until sometime today."

"Okay, well, there's a lot more left to today." Ryan yawned, shifting his position as his legs started to fall asleep. "So we'll be back sometime...later..."

"Can you just tell me where you are so I know how long it will take for you to get back?"

"No." The answer made William sigh heavily.

"Tell Brendon to hurry back."

Ryan couldn't be bothered that much to care. "Why?"

"Just tell him, Ryan, or so help me, I'll-" Ryan wasn't in the mood to get threatened and hung up, turning his phone off before William had a chance to call back. He would have to kill Spencer and Jon later for giving his number out. They were the only ones beside Brendon who had it as far as he knew.

"Bitch," Ryan muttered at his phone, banishing it to the backpack again and then crawling back to the blanket. The spot he was in earlier was still fairly warm, Ryan mimicked a cat by moving around until he was satisfied enough to lie down; using his arm as a pillow.

Right as his eyes closed, Ryan was lightly startled by Brendon's arms, latching onto him and pulling him close. Brendon stretched out his legs to make room for Ryan so they could be pressed together, Ryan opening one eye enough to see Brendon's were closed.

Figuring Brendon was still asleep, Ryan went along with it and fit himself to the younger man, about to achieve sleep once more when Brendon mumbled, "Where'd y'go?" Their foreheads were touching as they faced each other in mirror positions.

"Phone." Ryan replied after a few moments silence.

"Who?"

"Bill." The conversation was limited to simple words as Brendon was coming from sleep, and Ryan was trying to get there; the two meeting each other somewhere in the middle of semi-consciousness.

Brendon took a deep breath then slowly exhaled. "Why?"

"Dunno," Ryan mumbled, not caring. "Wants us back."

"Problem?" Brendon's grip on Ryan tightened. It was relaxing.

"Doubt it."

"Time?"

"Eight-ish." Brendon didn't ask anything else after that so Ryan stopped keeping himself awake to answer, letting his mind be taken away in the reassuring knowledge that he was secure in Brendon's arms; warm and sated.

-~*~-~*~-

It was roughly noon by the time they actually did make it back to the house. Right away Ryan spotted William sitting on the steps of the porch, foot tapping at an annoyed pace and arms crossed over his chest. Brendon barely got the car parked before the man was striding at a rushed pace towards them, looking ready to kill them both. He probably was. They made no attempt to hurry back like William had instructed Ryan hours before.

"It's about time!" Bill practically growled as he neared; his long legs allowing him to cover the distance in seconds. Brendon turned the jeep off and pulled the keys out, undoing his seatbelt and slipping out with Ryan following. "I've been waiting for hours!" He shot a glare in Ryan's direction. Ryan's eyes held boredom; though they were hidden behind the tinted lens of the sunglasses Brendon had bought him.