o n e

"Hey!" Michael called out as I over took him in Mario Kart.

"Loser!" I call back, zooming off.

"You two are so competitive." Calum chuckles.

"Shut up." We both mumble, staring at the screen and pressing hard on the controller buttons.

Upstairs was Ashton and it defiantly was him, as the whole house was vibrating with the beat of his heavy drum kit.

"Can't Ash just get like a garden shed?" I moan for the hundredth time, as he was always practicing for their band.

"He's pretty good though." Calum nods his head along to the beat.

"He's very good" I agree. "Just very loud and annoying." I cross the finish line on the game, about 8 places ahead of Michael.

"I give up with tryin' to beat you at that game." Michael slings the controller onto a pillow.

I laugh and jump up, grabbing a juice carton from the fridge and going upstairs.

I open the door to find Ashton drumming away, and my ear drums were immediately surprised at this sudden burst of sound. He was so engrossed in his passion, that he didn't even notice I had stepped in.

I wave my arm in his face and he looks up, sweat dripping from his forehead. "Oh hey Grace."

"Hi." I reply. "Do you know where Luke is?"

He stays quiet and shifts towards the door. I listen too, and hear the gentle strumming coming across from the hall.

"Thanks!" I say, handing him the juice carton as he looked like he needed it more than me.

I skip across the hall and slowly open the wooden door, to find a tall boy with bright blonde hair swept to the side, sat on Ashton's mums bed, playing his guitar.

He looks up as I enter, and smiles. "Hey."

"You sound awesome." I tell him, sitting next to him. "What are you playing?"

"Year 3000 by McBusted." He strums a few notes more and I recognise the tune more than before.

"I love that song!" I say, smiling.

"Me too." He nods.

"You guys should put up a cover of it up." I suggest.

"Really?" He looks up surprised. "I thought you hated our 'stupid band'"

"Luke!" I laugh. "Of course I don't! I was only joking. You guys are so good."

He blushes a light shade of pink. "Oh, thanks." He leans over and kisses my lips gently.

"How could I hate something you're apart of?" I smile as his lips touch mine.

***

"Come on!" I yell, gathering all the boys up.

It was a few days later and I had set all the boys a task of learning 'year 3000' fully, ready to be filmed.

"I have a good feeling about this cover." I smile, setting up the camera.

They all sit around with their guitars and Ashton on his box drum.

"You all know the lyrics? Chords? Beat?" I make sure.

"You're like a band mum." Michael laughs.

We all laugh too, and I get ready to press record.

"3,2,1" I press the red button and immediately they introduce themselves and what they would play.

They started to play, all in time, and it all seemed to piece together so well.

The passion all four of them put in made me shiver and Luke's angelic voice put the biggest smile on my face.

Once they were done, I put it straight on YouTube.

"That was incredible. You guys are seriously amazing. You're defiantly going to go far with this." I smile up at them from my chair, and they all give me a group hug.

"Thanks Grace!"