introduction

I never told anyone that I liked another boy. A boy I know will never like me back. He's a quite kid, with pink hair and a nose ring. I see him sitting alone, most of the time with his nose in a book, as I hang out with my friends from my basketball team.

I'm not sure what drew me to the boy. Besides his looks, I know nothing about him. I had done research on him and could only find his name, Josh.

It suits him.

But I still wanted to know more, I craved it. He had a few classes with me, but he never really talked. But from time to time, when I made jokes, he'd smile and let out a quite chuckle and it made my heart flutter in my chest.

Seeing him smile made me happy so I tried to get him to do it as much as possible without being suspicious, especially to my girlfriend, Jenna.

Believe me, I do love Jenna, but not in the she wants me too. I would dump her, but I would have to tell people why and I don't have a good enough excuse. And I just care about her too much and I don't want to hurt her.

Jenna had been my best friend all my life, I had told her secrets and had her over for the night. When we were younger she knew about me liking boys, but as we grew I told her it was just a kid thing. She didn't question it, not until the night we both snuck out in 9th grade to sit out on the bridge.

We were talking and she had kissed me all of a sudden. I didn't know what to do, I didn't like her that way, but she was my best friend and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. So I just let her.

That was a mistake that I would feel guilty about years after it happened.

After we broke apart she asked me. "But I thought you were gay. You are gay, aren't you?"

All the color left my face as I looked down at the water below.

"Why did you let me do that if you didn't want want me to?"

I didn't know what to say. If I told her I was, she might get mad and tell the whole school. I didn't want anyone to know. I didn't want to lose all my friends and get bullied.

"Tyler-," She started.

"I'm not." I said flatly. "I can't don't want to be."

"You can't change who you are, God made you unique for a reason." Jenna was looking at me with sad eyes, my gaze still glued to the water.

I could feel anger fill me up. I remember thinking that I wasn't gay, I couldn't be. My parents and siblings would disown me, I would lose my friends and I would become the outcast. So I denied the fact that I was.

"I'm not gay." I stated firmly.

She was quite for awhile as I watched the water pass underneath and wiped my eyes.

"So, do you like me?" She finally asked, looking at me through parts of her hair.

I didn't want this to be happening, I wanted to go back home and lay in bed. I wanted to take that night back so bad, so I didn't know why I said yes, and I don't know why she believed me.

"Wanna go to the movies this weekend?" She asked, a blush covered her cheeks now.

I tired my best to think of it as just friends. "Sure."

"Like a date?" The words made me cringe, a smile was now forming on her lips.

"Sure. Let's go home now." I said, not wanting to stand on that bridge any longer.

"You don't want to hang out for awhile?" She asked quietly, the smile falling from her face.

"No, I'm getting cold." I lied.

If I could turn back time, to the good old days when our mammas sang us to sleep, I would. Our friendship wouldn't be damaged by love and I wouldn't be so stressed out.

--------------
A/N: so this is just a thing I've been pondering over for a long while a d decided to make it happen at last.

I hope you enjoy it and want to keep reading it

Vote/comment