the set up

"And he gave you extra cash?" Maggie asks me as she looks up at the ceiling of my room.

She was laying on my bed next to me and while she was looking up I was looking at her.

"Yes. Maybe he gave it to me so that I would keep my mouth shut."

"Or maybe he gave it to you because he knows your situation and he's just trying to help out." She said looking at me this time.

I nod. "You're right. I'm just acting weird. I just never slept with someone who's...older."

-
It was Tuesday night and I had to babysit Harry's kids again. I didn't mind though, I haven't seen him since Friday and I needed as much cash as I could get.

Harry and his wife Ella hadn't left yet because she was still getting ready. Harry asked if we could talk in the kitchen alone.

"I need to ask you something." He tells me.

"Sure." I say.

"I have many friends from my job who have families and their looking for a babysitter."

I sigh and slightly shake my head. I wasn't expecting him to say that. "I can't babysit everyone's kids, Harry." I couldn't help but to sound a bit angry.

He chuckles lightly. "That's not what I meant. I mean, you have friends as well don't you? Couldn't you ask them if they wouldn't mind babysitting for a little extra money in their pockets?"

He had a point. My friends did need extra money in their pockets to go towards college. And Harry definitely had money because of where he worked. The pay is definitely not just a little extra.

"Okay. I'll talk to them about it. Thank you." I was on my way out but he spoke up.

"Kendall I—"

I take a breath. "You regret what we did right?"

His eyebrows raise and he shakes his head. "No. That's not what I was going to say." He relaxes himself before speaking again. "I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression when I gave you the money after we—you know—I just wanted to help out with your college funding. Your parents told me about it and I just wanted to help."

"Oh." I smile a bit. "I'm so stupid."

"You're not. I would've thought the same." He smile and takes my hand in his. "Come here." Once I'm wrapped in his arms he buries his face in my neck. "I want to get to know you."

And then all of a sudden I get this rush of guilt. I shouldn't be doing this with Harry, to Ella. I see the way she looks at him, she loves him. And they have two kids together. But then all that guilt went away when he said the next thing.

"Meeting you was probably the best thing that happened to me after my kids were born."

-
Soccer practice the next day was quick because we had a game tomorrow and we needed to be well rested.

We were outside and we sat on the bleachers to drink water. Since I was in charge I gathered everyone around.

"Once you guys catch your breath, you can leave and go freshen up in the locker room and go home. Be here early for the game."

They nodded and started to grab their bags. I called my closets friends over to side, Maggie, Amy, Cara, Alexa, and Hailey.

I've been thinking about this all last night and I think that this will help us.

"What's up?" Cara first speaks.

"I know we're all struggling with making a little extra cash for college and I think I know how to help with that." I explain.

"Really? Thank god, I don't care what it is I'm desperate at this point." Hailey says.

"You guys can babysit."

All the girls laugh and some scoff while Maggie just shushes them. "Hey, hear her out."

I give Maggie a smile before explaining. "I told you guys about the man I'm working for. He's loaded and so is his friends. They'll pay you like a hundred an hour. And you'll get extra."

All their faces light up and Amy asks the question that's on all of their mind. "What do you mean by extra?"

"I know some of you may freak but just listen. If you have sex with the husband they'll—"

"Pay us?" Hailey asks.

"K you can't be serious." Maggie says in disbelief.

"I'm in." Hailey agrees.

"Yeah, me too." Cara says and then all of the other girls.

"Are you guys crazy?" Maggie exclaims.

"Calm down, Mags. It's just sex." Hailey says to her.

"Exactly my point."

"Maggie we need the money."

"This isn't the way. I don't want to be apart of this. I'm leaving." She storms off afterwards and then I'm attacked with questions.

"Okay, there's going to be rules. This thing needs to be secure. So if you don't want to really do this you can walk away just like Maggie."

Everyone was silent and looked at each other.

"We're not backing out. We need this." Cara says.

"Alright." I smile, feeling somewhat achieved. "I get 10% of your money. You always tell me when you're working and don't fall for the husband because you will work for more than one family. And always use protection and never miss a day of birth control."

They all nod in agreement. "Okay, deal. When do we start?"

"Tomorrow. Right after the game you babysit. I'll text you guys the details."

I still couldn't believe they said yes to it. Maggie freaking out was something that I didn't expect because she was my closets friend out of the group and she never judged.

"This is kinda cool." Alexa says. "Yeah." Amy nods.

"We're like running a prostitution ring all under the disguise of babysitting. That's clever as fuck." Cara admits.

"Yeah but don't see it as prostitution. See it as us being regular babysitters. Cause that's what we are, the babysitters."