Thoughts of Travis

Disclaimer: we do not own the song Travis is singing in this chapter

(Travis to the side. :) He dyed his hair blonde, it's hot but just imagine it black)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sweet classical melody flooded in the ears. I twirled my finger to the sound, but it was missing something. I looked up at Radio, who was manning the soundboard and did slashing motion across my throat. The music died down. He nodded up to at me. I tapped on the glass.

“Hey Radio, throw some drums in there son!” I exclaimed. Radio gave me a thumbs up and bass thudded in my ears. I bobbed my head and grinned, opening my mouth to sing.

“You got what I want, so let’s talk about it…..”

The morning at the studio was very productive, but it was almost noon and I thought that I would pop over to the dance studio where the girls Justin, Jose, Chris and AG were teaching practiced. They are great girls; each of them had their own explosive personality. There was Kylie, zoned out most of the time, but she had serious dance skills. She also had these big eyes that could convince a person to do anything. Zaida, full of imagination and dreams, she had to be watched at all times or she could cause herself serious injury with her clumsiness. Domo, when she wasn’t hiding behind a manga, she was goofing around or playing a video game. Finally there was Mikko, my Little Ninja. When she wasn’t buried in her studies, she was watching out for the other three. She was one protective friend. Which I’m sure will come in handy with the type of summer this trip is turning out to be. This could get dangerous. From the things I’ve noticed, each girl seemed to have two guys who completely adore her. Meaning, one guy who is like a big bro, the other…well something more than friends should I say. Not that the girls allowed that part. I’ve never seen such skill at avoiding the opposite sex in my life. With Zaida, she’ll always with Emmanuel. Always talking, always laughing, and joking like siblings. Then when Carlos goes over to flirt, she includes him, very smooth, but Carlos can’t make a move cuz Emma is there. Zaida always makes sure someone is with her so Carlos can never catch her alone. It’s mostly Emma, or one of the girls. She’s clever. With Domo, she’s more up front. Like Zaida, she’s always with the brother figure, in her case, he’s Monti. But unlike Zaida, Domo doesn’t just brush Jose away; she pushes him, almost like a physical blow. If it had to come down for her to actually deal with Jose outside of the guys teaching them something, she tries to keep it to a minimum. Completely opposite from Domo is Kylie, who out of the four girls is the shyest. AG seemed to take her under his wing. Her being the best dancer, that was just the topping of the cake. He understood what was happening, and took his role as her apparent big brother very seriously. Which I’m sure she appreciates.  AG made sure that he could always keep an eye on her, especially when Kevin was around. Kevin would always try to talk to Kylie, but she would always blush and hide behind AG. Lastly, there was Mikko. She was the master of keeping Chris away. It was almost like she didn’t need me to be her big brother and protect her, hell, I KNOW she doesn’t need me. That girl can kick ass with her bare hands. Around Chris she is always so careful, so civil. If he asked her a question, she would answer and walk over to me. I consider myself her other brother, and as that person I couldn’t bear to think of what would happen if she got hurt. Any of these girls for that matter. This was almost too close for comfort. Carlos, Kevin, Jose and Chris are like my brothers, but if they hurt the girls, there will be hell to pay. I’m sure Emma, Monti, and AG could agree with me. We loved our girls.

I pulled into the other studio parking lot and walked over to the dance gym. The girls were working on some new moves and it was coming along great.  They were really learning.

“Okay girls, good work. Take a break and we’ll pick it up and try again.” said Justin, the other three guys nodded. The girls didn’t look tired at all. It was amazing.

“Why don’t you girls eat something so you won’t work on an empty stomach?” suggested AG. The girls walked over to their bags to grab some snacks. It was about to announce my arrival, when I was nearly knocked over by a blur of dark hair and a squeal of “TRAVY” I looked down.

“There’s my pocket ninja!” I laughed, picking her up and hugging her tight. I stopped worrying that I would hurt her by doing mundane things like giving her a proper greeting.

“How’s my other big bro?” she asked, backing out of my arms.

“Great, how are you my other sister?”

“Same old, same old.” she laughed, tossing back her ponytail that had come loose. She was about to continue, but was interrupted when Chris suddenly materialized by her shoulder.

“Am I interrupting something?” he asked. Mikko and I looked at eachother and shook our heads. Chris nodded and pulled a dollar out of his pocket.

“Hey Mikko, can you get me a Dr. Pepper? I need to talk to Travis real quick.” Mikko looked a little suspicious, but didn’t show any more than that. She nodded, taking the money.

“Sure thing, be right back.” She walked off, leaving me with Chris. When he didn’t make a sound, I prompted him.

“So bro, you needed to talk to me about something?” Chris looked at me like he was really thinking of what he was going to say.

“Trav, you really like Mikko don’t you?” he stated. I nearly snorted, was this guy serious?

“Yeah bro, she’s real cool, chill.” Chris nodded again, chewing on his words. “Dude, it’s not like that. She’s like a little sister to me.” Chris looked at me with badly hidden relief.

“Oh, okay, that’s cool, sorry I asked. It’s because I wouldn’t want Mikko, or any of the girls to get distracted.”

“Of course not, we wouldn’t want that.” I knew something was up, but I wasn’t about to call him out on it outright. No, I needed to find out what this shit was. “What about you bro? Do YOU like her? She’s pretty hot, and I mean I know you don’t like spicy food, but maybe you like spicy girls?”

“Wh-wh-what? Dude! No, it’s not like that.” I could tell that Chris was conflicted, maybe he doesn’t know that he likes Mikko as much as he does. Hopefully this won’t completely be horrible.

“Remember bro, she’s like a little sister to me. Break her heart..” I never got to finish that sentence because Mikko came back with Chris’s Dr. Pepper.

“Did I come in at a bad time?” she asked, biting her lip. Chris shook his head.

“No, you’re good.” he said quickly, taking the soda from her. “Thanks, and back to work in fifteen okay?” Mikko and I watched as Chris walked off.

“What was that about?” Mikko asked. I crossed my arms.

“Not sure, but promise me that you’ll be careful around him.” Mikko nodded.

“I promise.”