Chapter 3

**
**
I walked upstairs to my bedroom quickly.

As soon as I was in my room I locked it and right away started to pack.

My room was very tiny that only a bed and a small desk could fit in. So the only good things I packed were my clothes, shoes, books, and a few happy picture.

I looked at the insulting nightgown. I wanted to burn it. So I took it and shove it in my book bag.

I went to the window ready to open it and get the hell out of here.

I can not believe I'm doing this. I don't know what to feel to be honest

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

Shoot! I have to hurry. But this damn window won't budge. On no. I let out a sob. Open please open.

"She's probably ready for you Richard." I looked back in anxiousness.

My dad hand was around the knob. He tried coming in.

"Mary open this fucking door now!" He started to kick it. Trying to get in.

I don't know how but finally the window open. I cried in relief.

As I got out the window my dad finally came in.

I jumped out and landed on my butt. Ignoring the pain I stood up.

"Goodbye mother and father." I whisper to myself. I look at the open window I see my mothers teary face, my fathers red face from anger, and Richards ugly face who looks ready to kill someone.

Before anything I start running. I am a good runner and I know that. I usually run to free myself from my problems.

I can hear screams, crying, banging, plates probably being thrown. I wonder if this is my mind playing old memories or if it is now. It doesn't matter. I don't want nothing to do with it.

I don't want to be part of my fathers sex slave trade. Where he trades my mother to the higher bidder. Where he at times takes girls who just want money to eat and sales them too. I don't want that.

I no longer want to see the men who leave or enter into my home. Who at times glance at me and whisper to my father when they can have me. I don't ever want to be a pawn in my fathers game.

Before I know it the café is in my view. I slowly walk up the door. Nerves start to bubble in my lower stomach.

Can I do this? Can I trust a stranger?

The work isn't nice. But I know. I guess I can call it instinct but I know I can trust him.

For the first time I'n going to let go.

I open the door and step in. Immediately I smash into someone.

Their arms wrap around me so I won't fall or anything. I look at their eyes. My body that was rigid calms down when it sees the piercing brown eyes.

"Blake." I whisper.

"Mary. Good god I was about to start looking for you!" He took me in and hugged me.

I couldn't help but let out a giggle.

"I-I apologize. I'm the one looking for YOU." I said to him. He looked at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" I shrugged.

"I can say I had worse days, but I'll be lying." I whisper to him. He nodded his head.

"Want to talk about it Pinocchio?" I shook my head in no.

"Not today. I'm not sure if ever." I whisper. I'm not sure to him or to me.

He took my hand and lead me to a table that was private from the others.

"I'll order us some coffee." I nodded my head as he got up.

I looked around. Some were staring at me. I quickly turn my eyes to something eyes.

I was terrified. Terrified on what could've been done to me.

But here I am. Safe. I counted my blessing. I know girls or boys like me or younger couldn't escape like I have done. I shiver in disgust.

I am truly lucky enough. And it's all thanks to Blake. I don't know how I'll repay him but I will.

"Coffee for you." I smile in thanks. I took small sips. I wasn't really use to coffee, but I didn't want to not drink it. Blake didn't deserve this. He looked at me.

"I have a plan." He coughed. I looked at him worried.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes. It's just a cold I guess. Don't worry it'll be over." I nodded my head. He clearly looked uncomfortable. I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear in shyness.

"Your plan?" I asked him.

"Oh yes! Well you will be staying with me until you turn 18. You could go to a new school or continue to attend the one you currently attending. Don't worry I'll take care of you and even after your 18." Tears starting to fall.

"Thank you so much Blake. For everything. But don't worry when I'm 18 I'll be out of your way. And some how I'll pay you back for everything." He shook his head.

"No it alright. I'm happy to help you in anyway."

"I turn 18 in 2 months. So I-It'll be quick I guess." I smiled. He nodded. I let out a small yawn. I blush in embarrassment.

"Let's go so you could go to sleep." Blake got up and I followed. I took my bag and we started to walking to his car.

His car was a g-wagon. How could an 18 afford this?

"Blake what about your parents?" He open the door for me.

"I live by myself." I got in.

Am I doing the right thing? I mean where will I go? I can always try Miss.Bella. But Miss. Bella will go to the police. And that means court. I shut my eyes.

I hate court.

Blake got in and turn in the car. He stated driving.

The radio was on and it was breaking the tense atmosphere.

I looked out the window. The cars were getting nicer. The homes as well.

Even though it's 7 in my neighborhood kids were force to get inside. Here kids played with no fear.

I close my eyes for a few moments. I'll open them until we get to his home.