The Funeral

The whole town had turned out for the funerals of the two girls who had been murdered. Anna Goodman and Katie Lewis were being buried today. It had been almost three weeks since Anna had been killed and just over a week since Katie was killed.

The girls families sat in the front rows. Their mothers wiping away tears with tissues. Sam stood at the front of the church near the door, he was still in shock from Katie's death. She was like a little sister to him. He couldn't believe she was gone. He felt someone's hand on his shoulder, he turned around and saw Chris Norman stood there. Him and Chris had been best friends back in high school. It had been a while since he saw him. "Hey man. I can't believe this is happening. Where's Alison?" Sam pointed over to the front row on the left. Chris and Alison had dated in high school and the first year of college before they broke up. They kept in touch and still talked every now and again.

"See ya later man. I'm gonna go talk to Alison" Sam nodded at Chris' words and watched him walk over to Alison.

"Sam?" he turned around again to see Jake stood there.

"Jake? Hey man. How are you? Its been what five years since I last saw you"

"I'm good man. You? This is awful. I need to see Molly and Ali. I haven't seen them for a while but I should give them my condolences"

"They're in the front two rows."

"Thanks man. I'll see you at the wake" Sam nodded at Jake's words.

The Wake

"It was a beautiful service. The perfect send off for our daughters" Molly and Alison sat at the bar in the local pub where the wake was being held. The whole town was there. "It was a perfect send off for them but it shouldn't have been like that. We shouldn't have to plan our child's funerals Ali its just wrong. Parents aren't supposed to outlive their children"

"I know but that sick son of a bitch gave us no choice. Lets just hope he gets caught before he kills another girl" Molly nodded at her former best friend.

A Few Hours Later

Jake sat on his uncomfortable couch in his cabin a few miles out of town. He liked it here. It was quiet. Secluded. The woods where the girls were found wasn't far from here. It was good to see Alison today. They had dated in college and he hadn't seen her since they broke up eighteen years ago. He still loved her. Even after all these years he still loved her. He hated that bastard who she was married to. He was supposed to marry her not him. Now her daughter was dead. She seemed happy to see him today at the funeral. He was ecstatic to see her. 

He looked over at the spare room to his left. The door was wide open. A single wooden chair was placed in the middle of the room. That room used to be his quiet place but now he couldn't stand it. He had a terrible secret. He hoped no one ever found out. If they did there he would lose everything.

............................................................................................................................................................

A/N: So Jake was introduced in this chapter. What do you think this dark secret is? Who do you think killed the girls? Let me know in the comments.

Enjoy!

Love ya's!

DamonSlover xoxo