fourteen

Chapter Fourteen//Charlotte Grayson

  "OMG OH MY GOD! Look look look, guys! Dolphins!" Lola screams, jumping up and down on the sandy beach. I roll my eyes putting my sunglasses over my eyes and laid down. It is my time to tan and not to be distracted by Lola's huge mouth.

All us children went to the beach for the day while the adults had a spa day. Cam bought his mate and I learned that her name is Sydney. She is from Barbados and is currently working to pay for her rent. Cam wanted her to come back to the States with us and she agreed. I found myself very found of Sydney.
She told me her backstory of how her parents left her and how she was moved around from foster homes.

Nobody wanted to adopt her so she stayed in the home until she turned 18 and moved out. Cam is happy and that is what matters.

Closing my eyes, Lola screams again and then Carson mimics her. God they're so annoying, I just want to shove burning shrimps up their butts. Trying to nap again, Cam and Sydney were talking about ditching and doing that nasty. That's when I shot up taking my sunglasses off.

"Ew. Guys just go!" I wave them off and Sydney's golden brown eyes widen. Cam looked like he was going to piss himself.

They scurried off to God knows where and I laid back down, relaxing. My eyes closed and the sound of the ocean was beautiful. Made me sleep faster as well.

"Heads up!" A male voice calls out and my eyes opened quickly..again. My head snapped in the direction of the voice and a volleyball hit my head hard.

Lola and Carson came running over to me quickly. "Hey dude, I said watch out," the same male voice said. I roll my eyes and looked up at the guy. Can I say hottie? Cause hottie!

He had tan skin and his abs were on perfect display. His blonde surfer hair was in a man bun and those green eyes sparkled as he talked. God bless Barbados men.

"Uh, is she okay? She might have a concussion." My brother looked at me with his matching blue eyes. Carson started waving his hand in front of me and then snap. My eyes blinked a couple times and Lola told Barbados hot guy I was okay.

"Wanna play some ball?" He asks taking the ball from Carson's hand. Feeling like I wasn't in control of my body, I got up and snatched the ball from hot guy. "I'm taking that as a yes, I'm Duncan."

"Well helloo Duncan! I'm Charlotte you can call me Char," I poked his hard rock chest. Carson rolls his eyes and sat me back on the beach rest. My lips started to tremble into a pout.

"Lay down and nap. The ball hit you too hard." Carson mumbles taking the ball from me. "Lola and I will play. Give Charlotte 30 minutes. Trust me you won't want to hit her in the head with a ball... she gets crazy..."

My eyes became droopy and I laid my head down falling into a deep slumber.

✷✷✷

I was awoken by screaming and the sun right on my face. Where the hell are my sunglasses?

My head snapped toward the scream and it was Lola. Who was wearing my sunglasses. That bitch. It doesn't even match her light pink bikini. Getting up, I strolled over to Lola. She was facing the net and I was behind her.
I tapped her shoulder and she turned around toward me. Sunglasses right on her face.

"Char is awake!" She yells and the game stopped. Grabbing the sunglasses from her face, I put them back on my face.

"Ah sleeping beauty is awake!" Duncan says, jogging over to this side of the net. "Do you want to join the game now?"

I pumped the fist I made in the air and Duncan gives me a huge grin.

He told me I'm on his team and the score is 6-5. We were winning by one point. Since I'm tall, Duncan wanted me in the back with him while he served.

I haven't played volleyball in years let alone beach volleyball! Hopefully I don't fall on my face making myself look like a complete fool.

The game resumed and Duncan raised the ball in the air then jumps, hitting it to the other side. Carson jumped up and hit it back over the net. The ball coming at me in full speed. Preparing my hands I put my thumbs together and hit the ball with my hands. The ball went over the net and hit the sand.

"Damn girl, okay!" Duncan says and we switched positions.

The game went on for 30 more minutes and Cam came back with Sydney. A few guys were behind them, but I didn't pay any attention. My mind was in this game.

"Ball Charlotte!" Duncan yells and the ball came spiraling toward me. My hands went up and I hit the ball into the sand.

16-14! We won! I went over and hugged Duncan. Carson kicks the sand and Lola threw the ball under the net. I guess Duncan and I were hugging to long because there was a loud growl coming over by Cam. We broke apart quickly and I looked over at Cam.

He shrugs and steps away with Sydney. There stood Declan.

What the hell is he doing here?
Why does he keep stalking me?! I mean yeah he is hot and all, but I want to meet new guys too!

"We should hang before I leave," I tell Duncan and he nods his head. "I'll give you my number, just let me get my phone real quick." I jog over to where Charlie was sitting with all our stuff and pulled my phone out.

A deep voice knocks me out of my thoughts,"Why the hell were you hugging that mutt?" Declan growls and I look up at him. His blue eyes were turning black. Ignoring him, I went back to Duncan. We exchanged numbers and I gave him another hug just to make Declan mad.

"Why the hell are you even here, Declan?" I ask him as I returned back to our beach chairs.

"Business with an Alpha here." He mutters. What a coincide- wait business with an Alpha? My eyebrows rose and I look at Declan questionably.

"You-u are an Al-lpha?" I slurred out surprised that no one has told me DECLAN is our Alpha. He smirks and walks closer to me.

"Yeah. I'm the Alpha. Is there a problem?" I shook my head quickly and shoved my phone in my bag.

"Well I uh need to go.." I mumble picking up my bag, digging for my room key.

Declan watched me and a white card was pulled out from his pocket. "You mean this room key? Well Cam told me Reign and I can stay with you guys. I mean Reign missed Charlie a lot. So Cam insisted." He smirks and my heart sunk. Great. Not only do I have to stay with the hot guy, I have to stay with the freaking Alpha!

"So you ready to go?"

Great. Can a crab come from the sand and drag me down with it?

✷✷✷

So I just basically scooted Declan to Barbados (for alpha business) ;)  I feel like there should be more drama so I might add a bit more drama in the next chapter.

FYI I write my chapters days or weeks before I post them. Just so you know. If I say Merry Christmas and the chapter comes out in January... Just know I wrote it earlier. I like to write all my chapters earlier so I don't get caught behind.

You are welcome (:

Please

Comment

Vote

Follow

Thank you !