Falling apart

A/N- please make sure to read the authors note at the end :) enjoy the chapter...

Zayn's POV

I woke up the next morning at the kitchen table. I was slumped on a chair with my head resting on the table. I sat up sleepily, my back stiff from sleeping in the awkward position.

I stood up and filled a glass with water and downed the whole glass. I placed the cup on the side and walked into the living room, collapsing onto one of the sofas and rubbing my eyes to get the sleep out of them.

I had this weird feeling inside of me, I felt empty. I know Zoe was missing, but I had had this strange aching feeling even when she was with Nicole and not completely missing. It was like I was missing my other half, I had always been close with Zoe. If we had to buddy up for hotel rooms it would usually be me and her, we would sit next to each other on plane rides, we'd do everything together. Niall was right, we were joined at the hip, but then everything just sort of fell apart.

I don't know how to explain it really. It just felt like Zoe was spending more and more times with her friends and less time with us. It sounded selfish I know, but we worked so hard to get her home and since then it's jut been about her friends and boyfriends. She had that problem with Niall and it hurt that she didn't tell us because we do care.

"You alright mate?" Harry asked, walking into the room.

"No" I said bluntly.

"What's up?" Harry asked, sitting down next to me on the sofa.

"You know what's up" I shouted suddenly, standing up and throwing my hands in the air. "Zoe's gone Harry. She's with her father who wants to kill her! The chance of us actually seeing her again is pretty much zero! And it's all your fault!"

I didn't mean to say it was his fault, it was a mix of him, Louis and I. But it just slipped out. I was surprised when tears started pouring rapidly down Harry's face, he didn't make a move to wipe them away.

"Harry I didn't mean it" I said and sat down next to him, putting an arm around his shoulders.

"But it's true, and that's what hurts" he sniffed but tears kept on coming. "I don't even know what made me do it, I was just mad that she want spending as much time with us anymore"

"Me to, but we shouldn't have said those things about her" I pointed out guiltily.

"What if we never see her again?" Harry whispered, leaning his head into my shoulder.

"All we can do is try our hardest. But she'll stay with us forever Harry, she'll always be in our hearts" I said simply.

"But we won't be in hers" he sighed and my heart dropped with realisation.

He was right, with all the things that we had done to her, she probably hated us.

Louis's POV

I had cried all night, with not a wink of sleep. I thought of Zoe and how much danger she was in with her father. He had nearly killed her once before and although he had not succeeded with that he left her mentally scarred for months.

I decided there was no point in trying to sleep when everyone else was already getting up so I got up as well. I changed into some fresh clothes and rinsed my face with cold water in the sink.