Power cut

Zoe's POV

I was woken up the next morning by Liam tapping my shoulder lightly. I opened my eyes and saw him knelt at the side of my bed. And when I say saw him I mean I barely saw him, there was no light coming from outside the window and there were no lights on in the house.

"Hey Zo. There's a power cut, schools been affected as well so they have given everyone the day off" Liam said softly, brushing my hair with his fingers.

"No school?" I asked excitedly, well as excitedly as I could when I had just woken up.

"No school. It's still quite early but I want you to come downstairs because it's going to get very cold and I don't want you catching anything. I've lit the fire in the living room"

"Are the other boys here?" I asked.

"Yep, they're staying for the day" Liam smiled and ruffled my hair before going downstairs.

I noticed he was still in his pyjamas so I put my hoodie over the top of mine and walked downstairs, pulling my sleeves over my hands as the cold hit me.

"Zoe" Niall called from the sofa, holding his arms out for me.

I waddled over to him, keeping my arms tightly around my body. He chuckled at me.

"It's not my fault! I'm freezing" I said, snuggling into his arms.

"I'll warm you up" Niall said and to my surprise he was remarkably warm.

"You're so warm" I said.

"One of my many qualities" Niall said snobbishly.

"Look what the cat dragged in" Louis said loudly making me turn around on the sofa to see Zayn walking in.

Zayn was wearing some tracksuit bottoms but no shirt. How was he not completely shivering? His hair was almost flat and he obviously hasn't looked in a mirror this morning. Zayn glared at Louis and came and sat on the other side of me.

"They're being mean to me Zo I need a hug" he pouted at me.

"I'll hug you as soon as you put a shirt on" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh come on, tell me you don't love it" he said, motioning to his chest and abs.

"I don't love it" I said. Many girls at this moment probably would have died of shock at what I just said but being attracted by your brother is just a tiny bit...oh what do you call it...oh yeah...WEIRD!

"Well Perrie obviously does, especially wh..."

"Lalalalala" I cut him off, putting my hands over my ears and walking into the kitchen.

Liam was in there with a battery powered lantern illuminating the kitchen. He seemed to be looking around the cupboards to find things to eat. He turned and smiled when he noticed me but his smile quickly faded as he seemed to think of something.

"What's up?" I asked concerned.

"Zo..." He started. "Are you happy here?"

"What?" I asked, my voice wavering slightly from worry. "Why'd you ask that?"

"It's just" he looked around the room as if it was going to give him the answers. "You just seem so much happier when the boys are here. Even when your talking to just one of them your more cheerful. And on Friday mornings before you go to stay with one of the boys you're jumping up and down as if you can't wait to go" he said sadly.

"Liam, I love you. I live with you most of the time and I don't see the others as much as I see you so the thought of getting to spend time with them makes me happy" I tried to explain.