Chapter 18 - "You Love Him,"

Start from the beginning

I click my tongue in a habitual action, taking out my notes.

Finally, Beta Ezra walks in with a big ass smile.

That I want to punch off his face.

He almost skips to first bench, his bag bouncing with every step he takes.

Seneca walks in a few seconds later, and this time, she walks straight to my desk, not hesitating as she did the previous time.

I smile.

She nods at me as she places her black one-shoulder bag on the desk with a 'thud', making herself comfortable on the chair beside mine.

"You guys made up?" I inquire, nodding my head at the enthusiastic guy sitting before me.

"He apologized. I gave him a look. He concluded that I forgave him," She shrugs, looking at Beta Ezra — who is talking to the girl who lent him her notebook that day. He's leaning close to her, staring deep into her eyes with that signature smirk, and the girl is blushing so hard, she looks like a tomato.

"He's a weird guy," I observe,

"He is," She smiles, still not taking her eyes off him.

"You love him," I blurt out and her head snaps to me in visible shock.

Way to make things more awkward than they are, Micajah.

"I-I meant the platonic kind of love," I blush, realizing how she would've taken my words.

She opens and closes her mouth, as if she wants to say something, but can't find the words to do so. She looks at me once more and exhales, letting her shoulders droop slightly.

"I do," She admits looking away, her voice barely above a whisper. Suddenly, her head whips to me again. "But if you tell that to him, I'll kill you." She threatens, and her eyes take on that hard look again.

"Then you will have to kill yourself too," I joke, trying to lighten the mood. Truth is, Mates don't die when their other half dies. They feel inexplicable sorrow and loss, but they do have another chance at life, a chance to move on. But it is said that many don't have the courage to go on without their true love.

Speaking of love...Will I ever tell her my feelings?

"I guess you're right,"

Um, What?!

Before I ask anything more, Mr. Devon walks in, putting an end to our convo.

⚽︎ ⚽︎ ⚽︎

"Hey, Seneca. I was wondering...Why did you and Beta Ezra skip AP Maths during the first week?" I recall, as we walk down the hall to the Cafeteria.

Beta Ezra chuckles silently, and I shoot him a look filled with animosity.

Yeah, you guessed it right. We didn't make up.

"There were some...things to take care of," She spells out in a hard voice which makes the warning bells go off in my head.

"What —"

"Leave it," She snaps, "Please," She adds after a moment, and I hear a choking noise from behind.

I turn around and see Beta Ezra making a noise that is a cross between a snort and a laugh, clutching his chest as he does so.

"D-Did you j-just say, 'Please'?!" He gasps, still laughing at Seneca. She glares at him and he shuts up, but when she turns around, he continues laughing.